SOLD - Whelen Par46 LED Landing Light **Not Certified** $50

Note that this is not for certified aircraft and is not legal for a Mooney. It does fit and work. It does not have as wide a beam as the standard light but it is brighter, a more white light than yellow, and shines further. I used it for 20 months (left on for all flights) and it has a little under 200 hours on it. It is rated for 50,000 hours.

I was able to pick up the Rigid 63362 on a flash sale on Amazon for $162 (about $200 off) or I would still have this on one my plane.

This is the lamp:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009LQG64S/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If interested feel free to PM me if you don't want to advertise having a non-certified bulb on your plane. :ph34r:

20190323_144146.thumb.jpg.fd463cbc933b09fd4bf5b4299e10b789.jpg20190323_144152.thumb.jpg.0ffeeb430701af0a1fa5b1d75720cae0.jpg20190323_144204.thumb.jpg.d47e27c5b187ef6954c0ab7e8df14bfe.jpg20190323_144214.thumb.jpg.3ff1a0bcb8859004578e858ffe0c5b77.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Fox said:

How much are you asking ??

Put it in the thread title, $50. Is it not showing up that way? "Whelen Par46 LED Landing Light **Not Certified** $50"

16 minutes ago, bradp said:

Darn wish I had known about that flash sale 

That was last October. I had posted it up in a different thread when I saw it, purchased one, and later that day it wasn't showing anymore. I think it was only for a set quantity, not a specific time period.

That's a good upgrade from the standard bulb at a great price.

I...ahem, know a guy...that has one on his Mooney.  It's been on all the time for years just like you did.  Even if you don't fly at night much I think it's worth it for the daytime safety/great visibility to other traffic aspect alone.  At night the beam is a bit narrower, but it's not a problem, just a different pattern with sharper lines and less flood.

• Like 1

Skates next time you see that Rigid bulb on sale can you post it here? We might need a “deals” thread like at GarageJournal or BobIsOilGuy forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Robert Hicks said:

Message sent.. For a friend..

2 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

Skates , I will go 50 for it ...Paypal invoice me at chprskbals@aol.com

Sorry guys, I got a PM yesterday afternoon ahead of your requests but haven't had a chance to get on and update the thread as sold until this morning.

5 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

Skates next time you see that Rigid bulb on sale can you post it here? We might need a “deals” thread like at GarageJournal or BobIsOilGuy forums.

I check it from time to time, if I see it again I will definitely post it. The only real difference I noticed between this Whelen and the Rigid is that the Whelen is a spot only and the Rigid is a spot and wide so it gives a little more spread while taxiing. Here's the Amazon link to the Rigid, it is a little thicker which required moving the retaining ring out just a little.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0102OHDNA/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1