CHT gauge M20C Mark-21

My CHT gauge indicates 100 degrees with the engine cold.  Tapping it doesn't solve the issue (in case you were thinking to try that):D.  I'm assuming the gauge is just bad.  Anyone know where I can get a replacement? And, is it easily swapped out?  Also the gauge reads close to 400 most of the time in flight... I'm thinking I can assume that's really 300 :unsure:?  I know its only one cylinder anywayz, but just wondering what's the consensus...  Oh, and if its not an exact replacement what if anything needs to be done to make it legal?

Edit:  I'm not in the market for a JPI or any kind of upgrade right now...

image.png.c01876a767e948eaceac33e97c2e8428.png

Edited by MIR2018
  • Like 1

My CHT gauge indicates 100 degrees with the engine cold.  Tapping it doesn't solve the issue (in case you were thinking to try that).  I'm assuming the gauge is just bad.  Anyone know where I can get a replacement? And, is it easily swapped out?  Also the gauge reads close to 400 most of the time in flight... I'm thinking I can assume that's really 300 :unsure:?  I know its only one cylinder anywayz, but just wondering what's the consensus...  Oh, and if its not an exact replacement what if anything needs to be done to make it legal?

Edit:  I'm not in the market for a JPI or any kind of upgrade right now...

image.png.c01876a767e948eaceac33e97c2e8428.png

Disconnect it, but about the 400... most likely that is the CHT you are getting... see previous discussion about CHT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1