Fuel Servo Pressure Drop?

That’s a good question and not a value I’ve ever checked.  The factory pressure pick up is on the finger screen body, where are you doing the other pressure check?

Have you cleaned the finger screen?  Not that it should affect fuel pressure, the factory fitting in the finger screen body has a built in restrictor is it clean?

Clarence

I have an EI flow meter and pressure gauge between the engine mechanical pump and the servo and have just installed a JPI Pressure transducer at the location where the factory pressure gauge used to be.  This is on the outlet side of the servo I assume. We will check the screen but have never found anything there since I assume the gascolator filter is doing a good job.   The inlet pressure has been running close to 30psi and the outlet where the old factory gauge was shows 22 to 24 psi. I was reading the Precision Aeromotive manual for the servo and the only thing I could find about Pressure was a statement that “ In general inlet pressures 5 to 10 psi greater than engine requirements will not adversely affect the performance of the system”.  Which makes me think the pressure drop I am seeing might be normal.   The strange thing is I never noticed the difference on the old factory gauge but now do with the JPI.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, Gary0747 said:

Does anybody have any data or know what the Pressure difference between the inlet and outlet of the fuel servo on IO360?   I am seeing about 6psi drop on different gauges. 

Do you mean from the fuel feed to the servo to the fuel feed to the divider?    If so, I think that's going to change depending on all kinds of things like throttle and mixture position, speed, altitude, etc.   I'd expect it to vary quite a bit.