CFII Recommendation needed in SoCal

MikeOH

My policy is to get an IPC every 6 months...and it's coming up!

I'm based at KPOC (Brackett Field, Pomona, CA) and I like to switch around CFIIs to mix things up:)

Any suggestions for a good CFII in the SoCal area?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, MikeOH said:

I'm based at KPOC (Brackett Field, Pomona, CA) and I like to switch around CFIIs to mix things up:)

Thanks!

@kortopates is in your neck of the woods. He’s based at SEE. MAPA PPP in SMX is coming up as well. Might still be able to get in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MikeOH said:

Thanks!

Mike Domino is a CFI-II and based at KLGB. He works out of KLGB (Long Beach) at Aces High Aviation.  He's well experienced and has no interest in "time building".  Flight instructing is his career.  He has good credentials and very knowledgable.     

http://aceshighaviation.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SantosDumont said:

I’m a new pilot, just wondering if there’s something I don’t know. 

I believe that recurrent training from a pro lowers risk and establishes an objective level of proficiency.

Maintaining mere currency by shooting approaches with a buddy acting as a safety pilot...not so much.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, glbtrottr said:

How’s mike dominó in Mooney’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if a 20K hr 777 captain who also flys a 2016 M20TN that has the groundspeed record like David recommends him,  I would bet he is just fine.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, glbtrottr said:

How’s mike dominó in Mooney’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having lunch with Mike tomorrow afternoon in Long Beach in between helicopter lessons, so I'll ask him.  Will get back to you.

11 hours ago, Mooney_Allegro said:

I'm having lunch with Mike tomorrow afternoon in Long Beach in between helicopter lessons, so I'll ask him.  Will get back to you.

Cool!  I met with him yesterday to get some rust off of my K model - he apparently doesn't have any Mooney time yet, but he has a bunch of time in other things.  Say hello for me!  Hope it all goes well - I may fly with him next week prior to visiting Mr. Kaye regularly going forward...

On 3/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, glbtrottr said:

Cool!  I met with him yesterday to get some rust off of my K model - he apparently doesn't have any Mooney time yet, but he has a bunch of time in other things.  Say hello for me!  Hope it all goes well - I may fly with him next week prior to visiting Mr. Kaye regularly going forward...

glbtrottr,

I'm glad you were able to meet him!  He took me over to the "Long Beach Exhange" for lunch, which is the old Boeing hangars with lots of history & artifacts on the walls from when they built the big airliners.   If you haven't been there, it's worth a visit.  They have a fake runway built on the other side of the building with a runway number of: 68???  They got a lot of stuff right, but somehow that doesn't look right.  There's plenty of variety of resturants inside (food court), and it's a fun atmosphere.  

Here is the link:  https://www.presstelegram.com/2019/02/05/food-will-take-flight-at-the-hangar-at-the-long-beach-exchange-this-month/

We went over to Hawthorne Airport yesterday in the little white helicopter. It was busy, but the controllers gave us left closed traffic to a full stop on the runway, despite being so busy.  The controllers seemed nice there.   

Have a good weekend glbtrottr!

• 2 weeks later...