Pre buy in Florida

FastRide

Since I got my PPL I always wanted a Mooney, Now my wife FINALLY gave her okay.     I am looking at a Mooney in Florida, but I am from out of state and this is my first Mooney ... who would you recommend for a good pre buy?

Welcome aboard, Celica...

Stand by for a raft of information, recommendations, and other salutations...  :)

You may want to rush things a bit... since ‘finally’ and rushing go together...

Where are you located, and where is the plane? General locations, if unable to be specific....

It will be helpful to know who has been maintaining the plane already. an independent PPI is highly recommended, mostly for the protection of your wallet...

One question for you... what took you so long to Join MS?

Best regards,

-a-

10 minutes ago, Celica201 said:

Since I got my PPL I always wanted a Mooney, Now my wife FINALLY gave her okay.     I am looking at a Mooney in Florida, but I am from out of state and this is my first Mooney ... who would you recommend for a good pre buy?

welcome,

being this is your first plane I recommend you look at some of the other threads on prebuys and aircraft values before you get too far into the process. learn what question to ask and what stuff to beware of. there is plenty of knowledge on this site and we are all willing to help.

Brian   

SLOW to join MS til I could buy a Mooney.  This will be my fourth aircraft, but other 3 were fixed gear.  I am a CFI and I "needed" to wait until both flying sons had Inst ticket.  I live in Georgia.  I know to watch for fuel leaks, donuts, BUT want to find the expert for pre buy in W FL.  I have been watching market for a while and may have found a match for me ... but I need a reality check from expert.

See where Phil Jimenez is...

Check into Daytona Beach Aircraft services...

We have a few MSers in the panhandle area...

These names get recommended often...

and...

While you are waiting... There is a search function that works pretty well...

Best regards,

-a-

I used the MSC in Daytona. Jake was cool, easy, and on time with the job--wasn't crazy expensive either. There is another MSC in Alabama if your Mooney is in the FLA(freaking lower Alabama) area otherwise known as the panhandle. 

Where in Ga are you? Augusta here.

If you’re anywhere near the center of the state I would recommend Phil Jimenez.  He’s been working on Mooneys since 1987 and is pretty well respected.  MSCs aren’t bad but it all depends on who you get since the mechanics there span all experience levels and may be working on Cirrus’s one day and Mooney’s the next. Again, not a non-starter but something to keep in mind.

Might be too late, but I have used George Lee for a number of years, located in Florida.

He was my mechanic on my other planes in California and had him look at two Mooney's (pre buys) for me.  One in Florida and the last one that I bought in North Carolina.

No BS has been around for a number of years (like most of us).

http://www.theplaneguyia.com/default.aspx