Are you going to Sun 'n Fun 2019? Visit us!

3 hours ago, Frozen Flying said:

For those that have been there before what are the pro/cons of vintage vs GA camping at S&F? We are probably going to be there wed-thurs.

I did the Vintage a few years back and the people who run Sun N Fun decided not to cut the grass before the show, brilliance on their part....8 inch grass and a Mooney don't mix....I went into the show office to explain and they could not understand the problem even with pictures of green propeller blades and caked in grass in the wheels.

I am going this year just for the day and reserved a spot with Sheltair on a hard surface and they have a shuttle that goes over to the show.....

2 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

I did the Vintage a few years back and the people who run Sun N Fun decided not to cut the grass before the show, brilliance on their part....8 inch grass and a Mooney don't mix....I went into the show office to explain and they could not understand the problem even with pictures of green propeller blades and caked in grass in the wheels.

I am going this year just for the day and reserved a spot with Sheltair on a hard surface and they have a shuttle that goes over to the show.....

What day are you going?  My wife has company coming Wednesday via Allegiant into Sanford so I have no car Wednesday or Thursday and was hoping to go over. I’m not taking the propjet over and parking on grass.  Might be interested in being ballast for you if it’s an option.  

Tom

2 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

1 minute ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

What day are you going?  My wife has company coming Wednesday via Allegiant into Sanford so I have no car Wednesday or Thursday and was hoping to go over. I’m not taking the propjet over and parking on grass.  Might be interested in being ballast for you if it’s an option.  

Tom

Or we could take the propjet with a co-pilot comfortable with VFR Florida airspace as MY COPILOT.  I am , unfortunately, almost exclusively an IFR “in the system” pilot.  

Tom

I am hopefully picking up my plane from DAB tomorrow if I can get a break with the weather and going to SNF early Wednesday morning with a loaded plane and only going for the day....hope to be out of there before the airspaces closes at 2pm.......

Let me think about the prop jet.....

16 hours ago, Frozen Flying said:

For those that have been there before what are the pro/cons of vintage vs GA camping at S&F? We are probably going to be there wed-thurs.

VAC is closer to gate. We're in row 5. GAP folks will have to walk past Vintage to get to the show.

10 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

I am hopefully picking up my plane from DAB tomorrow if I can get a break with the weather and going to SNF early Wednesday morning with a loaded plane and only going for the day....hope to be out of there before the airspaces closes at 2pm.......

Let me think about the prop jet.....

I have to pick up a Spruce Creek friend and his wife coming in from RI today around 1:20 PM at DAB.  If weather improves (TAF’s are saying it will) and you want a ride up there, give me a text or call.  

Tom

906-458- six nine eight nine

1 hour ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

I have to pick up a Spruce Creek friend and his wife coming in from RI today around 1:20 PM at DAB.  If weather improves (TAF’s are saying it will) and you want a ride up there, give me a text or call.  

Tom

906-458- six nine eight nine

sent you private message