Hangers ATL area

M20F

20 minutes ago, M20F said:

Going to be in ATL for awhile anyone know of available hanger space in the area?  

I may know of someone at KRYY ( Cobb County) who might rent you a T hanger for a while. I would have to check with him. How long do you need it?

Pretty confident Hawthorne at RYY has open space in their gang hangar.  The rate isn't terrible for the area. 

I was talking to someone last week that mentioned there was hangar space available at Henry County (HMP).  Although Henry County is not Atlanta, it's way south of the city, about 50 min-1 hour with no traffic from midtown.  From midtown on a Friday afternoon, you can't get there from here.  If interested in HMP and you strike out with the airport authority (or whomever rents hangars there) there, let me know.  I might know someone who has an empty hangar for rent.

You can try Air Harbour at Lawrenceville (LZU), they may have something.  It's probably pretty tight, though.  I think their rates are not too bad either.

William

You could try Aero Industries at LZU (Lawrenceville, GA). I use to rent from them on and off, and they always had availability.  I use to rent with Air Harbour at LZU, but moved to Aero Industries on the north side of the airport, because Aero Industries was quite a bit cheaper.   Yes, the hangars are older at Aero Industries, but it was worth it to me to save money.   I don't know who's there now, but I dealt with Michele Sayne at Aero Industries.  Her number was 770-980-0808.  

I also rented at PDK, but you have to get on a waiting list.  I was called after 6 months and moved in.  You'd have to talk to Eugenia at PDK to start the process.  Her number is: 770-936-5440.  

Good luck with your search.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:41 PM, Mooney_Allegro said:

You could try Aero Industries at LZU (Lawrenceville, GA). I use to rent from them on and off, and they always had availability.  I use to rent with Air Harbour at LZU, but moved to Aero Industries on the north side of the airport, because Aero Industries was quite a bit cheaper.   Yes, the hangars are older at Aero Industries, but it was worth it to me to save money.   I don't know who's there now, but I dealt with Michele Sayne at Aero Industries.  Her number was 770-980-0808.  

I also rented at PDK, but you have to get on a waiting list.  I was called after 6 months and moved in.  You'd have to talk to Eugenia at PDK to start the process.  Her number is: 770-936-5440.  

Good luck with your search.

How long ago was that on your hangar  at PDK? I have one of the new hangars on the west ramp for about 5 years now. Was on the waitlist for a minimum of five years. I Almost forgot about it. I understand the waitlist is now considered to be more than 10 years at PDK.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:28 PM, Hank said:

I put myself on the hangar list in WV in 2007. I moved to Alabama in 2014. My old airport called earlier this year and said I was at the top of the list, did I still want the hangar?

Well, don't leave us hanging.  :D

On 3/23/2019 at 7:14 PM, Bravoman said:

How long ago was that on your hangar  at PDK? I have one of the new hangars on the west ramp for about 5 years now. Was on the waitlist for a minimum of five years. I Almost forgot about it. I understand the waitlist is now considered to be more than 10 years at PDK.

I left PDK in November 2018.  Those new hangars are really nice with electric doors!  There were occasions where my hangar door at PDK was so hard to move that I almost called airport security to help me move the door.  Perhaps I'm getting weak in my old age.  When I left PDK, I was paying $375/month.  The hangar was big enough for a twin, larger than LZU's Aero Industry hangars.   I think I was paying $315/mo at LZU.