Cellphone controlled relay switch project: KiaoTime KT-G2 (AT&T 4G capable) plus isolated power relay

3 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

I'm hitting two birds with one stone by not using the factory coax connector. I'm using the same 12V 1A power supply they supplied with the kit but I cut the end off and used the screw-tite terminals (as shown in the photo) to power the KiaoTime unit and then I could also use the same supplied power to trigger the DLI IoT relay power bar. If you plug in the coax plug to power the KiaoTime alone, the screw-tite terminals won't have power as they are protected by diodes (only power allowed into the circuit). 

The diodes were the part I was missing.  Thanks.

Considering that those wall wart power supplies are generally pieces of crap, I could add a male connector to the housing so I could just plug in the factory supply thus making it easier to hot swap out a dead supply. I actually attempted to do that but couldn't find any surface mountable  3.5mm male coax connectors in my stock. I should order some so I can build the Ultimate DIY Chinese Relay Switch for Paul. 

• Thanks 1