heads up display

This article caught my attention. But it seems unclear (although plausible) this this would work in an aircraft, driven by whatever smartphone one might be using and their associated app. If anyone tries it, please report back on whether it works and how well......

https://the-gadgeteer.com/2019/03/19/fixd-automotive-puts-a-vizr-heads-up-display-in-your-car/

I just got a Vizr. It's a base unit designed to attach [with included double-stick tape] to your dash. Then you download their app, which reflects back to you in the unit. I'm making a wooden base just because [I'm a woodworker, and have three vehicles for potential use, not counting the Mooney], and will report back on functionality. It's a great idea, though.

Someone needs to design a universal one that is built into a hotplate that can be affixed to our windshields. I heard Elizabeth Holmes is good at acquiring seed money for dream projects. This would be a great innovation for general aviation.