Looking for 1969 M20F Service manual and IPC catalog

Bow451

Hi, I very recently bought a 1969 M20F Executive model.

The AME who will be doing the annual mentioned I would need the Service Manual and the Illustrated parts catalog. I was hoping someone with more experience than myself would be able to point me in the right direction or maybe has a PDF copy I could use. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Bow451 said:

Hi, I very recently bought a 1969 M20F Executive model.

The AME who will be doing the annual mentioned I would need the Service Manual and the Illustrated parts catalog. I was hoping someone with more experience than myself would be able to point me in the right direction or maybe has a PDF copy I could use. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Any reason he doesn't have a set? I would be a bit leery of having someone work on my Mooney who doesn't even have the service & parts manuals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

Any reason he doesn't have a set? I would be a bit leery of having someone work on my Mooney who doesn't even have the service & parts manuals. 

They actually have not worked on one before. I used them because they are the only AME shop in my city. I take it not a real good idea?

where are you from?

1 minute ago, Bow451 said:

They actually have not worked on one before. I used them because they are the only AME shop in my city. I take it not a real good idea?

No it is not if they do not have Mooney experience. 

too may things that can be missed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bow451 said:

Orionflt is an IA, so I would heed his advice. Not that this mechanic isn't good but if he has never worked on them before, how is he going to check pre-loads without the tool or stick on a story board if he is checking the rigging? I wouldn't let a shop without previous Mooney experience work on mine. Did that once and learned that I knew more about Mooneys than the mechanic. Not a good thing.

I would post what part of the country you are in and someone will provide some recommendations on a shop. 

2 minutes ago, orionflt said:

where are you from?

No it is not if they do not have Mooney experience. 

too may things that can be missed.

I feel like I am committed now that they already have it. But I will definitely go with someone who has more experience in the future. Is there anything I should bring up to their attention that someone who is new would miss?

Just now, Bow451 said:

I feel like I am committed now that they already have it. But I will definitely go with someone who has more experience in the future. Is there anything I should bring up to their attention that someone who is new would miss?

they need to check the landing gear preloads, they will also need the landing gear tools to properly accomplish the check.

inspecting the landing gear pucks and checking foe gaps when they jack it is important. If you have electric gear there is the landing gear AD and no back clutch.

just to name a few.

You never said where you are located.

Brian

Just now, orionflt said:

they need to check the landing gear preloads, they will also need the landing gear tools to properly accomplish the check.

inspecting the landing gear pucks and checking foe gaps when they jack it is important. If you have electric gear there is the landing gear AD and no back clutch.

just to name a few.

You never said where you are located.

Brian

I live in Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada. Yeah it sounds like this will be an expensive annual as they learn and buy the tools. I was surprised to hear they had not worked on one before as they do work on many types. I said I would use them and would feel bad bailing at this point.

Just now, hypertech said:

Not sure about that vintage, but Mooney has been known to give these out for free lately.  They emailed me the IPC and service manual for mine last year.

and even if they dont give them out for "free", they are worth having if your go to AME doesnt have them. They are not ours to give away, Mooney has to make that call.

Bow,

While you are looking for manuals get the most recent POH for your F as well... it will have the most performance data available that applies to your plane...

Mooney may give the best recommendation for this too.  Don’t be afraid to ask them.

Best regards,

-a-

@bow451 I've got them in PDF form. Shoot me an email and I"ll send them to you. My way of getting back at a crooked website that wouldn't refund $$$, after I "allegedly" downloaded them, file a complaint with Paypal, lost, and then told them I may as well download them, since you guys F%%ked me over for the price already. 

20 minutes ago, GLJA said:

@bow451 I've got them in PDF form. Shoot me an email and I"ll send them to you. My way of getting back at a crooked website that wouldn't refund $$$, after I "allegedly" downloaded them, file a complaint with Paypal, lost, and then told them I may as well download them, since you guys F%%ked me over for the price already. 

Was this Mooney? or was this someone who is stealing from Mooney and you? If not Mooney direct, why would you steal from Mooney now to punish the person who stole from you?

44 minutes ago, GLJA said:

Thank you all for the help and input, I was able to find the files I needed and everything is on track. I will call Mooney for the latest POH that is a good Idea. I Look forward to being apart of this Mooney group, again thank you all.

2 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Was this Mooney? or was this someone who is stealing from Mooney and you? If not Mooney direct, why would you steal from Mooney now to punish the person who stole from you?

Wasn't Mooney. Was a third party download site. I needed a parts breakdown for a few items, and paid to have it downloaded through paypal. The link never showed up. I filed service tickets and got no response. Downloaded the manual elsewhere.   So, went the paypal route and filed a complaint. They send PP a false "Oh, he downloaded it" IP Address. So, they denied my claim. 
Basically called them everything under the sun, and finally decided, that since I paid for it, I may as well get the manuals. Turns out they weren't even the right ones.

1 hour ago, GLJA said:

Wasn't Mooney. Was a third party download site. I needed a parts breakdown for a few items, and paid to have it downloaded through paypal. The link never showed up. I filed service tickets and got no response. Downloaded the manual elsewhere.   So, went the paypal route and filed a complaint. They send PP a false "Oh, he downloaded it" IP Address. So, they denied my claim. 
Basically called them everything under the sun, and finally decided, that since I paid for it, I may as well get the manuals. Turns out they weren't even the right ones.

Ouch, I am sorry that happened to you, but it wont right a wrong for you to give away Mooney's intellectual property and placing it basically in the public domain since you were screwed by an unnamed party. It might make you feel better, but Karma will have her way with you. You apparently paid again for the manuals and got the wrong ones, were these from Mooney?

Wasn’t exactly putting them out there. If someone wanted a copy, I’d be willing to send them. They’re virtually useless to me. If “one” other person could use them, then the purchase is at least being used. 

Note: for the very reason you mentioned, I haven’t uploaded them to the downloadable location on this website. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GLJA said:

Wasn’t exactly putting them out there. If someone wanted a copy, I’d be willing to send them. They’re virtually useless to me. If “one” other person could use them, then the purchase is at least being used. 

Note: for the very reason you mentioned, I haven’t uploaded them to the downloadable location on this website. 

Understood, you certainly own one to give away at your discretion. Thanks, I dont mean to be a morality cop, just doing what I can to make sure we do what we can to help Mooney survive. It is a shame you got taken by whomever. That is the person Karma will have their way with for sure.