First Plane & First Mooney

Just wanted to say thank you.  Mooney space has been very helpful, and I truly appreciate it.  I've been asking a lot of questions over the past few months, and it's paid off.  I FINALLY closed on and flew home my first airplane and mooney...  COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!  Thank you to everyone in their past...and future...patience with my questions! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gatlin Gun said:

Just wanted to say thank you.  Mooney space has been very helpful, and I truly appreciate it.  I've been asking a lot of questions over the past few months, and it's paid off.  I FINALLY closed on and flew home my first airplane and mooney...  COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!  Thank you to everyone in their past...and future...patience with my questions! 

Didn't happen if no Pics.

1 hour ago, Oex2500 said:

I’m also new to this and was considering a Mooney for my first plane.  It will be used mostly in my business ... 100nm trips 10x a month and 900nm trips 2-3x  a month.

You’ve come to the right place, then!

• Like 1

I got checked out by a local instructor for my bi-annual, complex, and performance tickets.

I have lots of time in high performance, complex aircraft...so I feel way more concerned about making the avionics do/say/reflect what I want then I am landing or flying! :P

Edited by Gatlin Gun

Are you familiar with the MAPA group?

They have some really good Mooney Specific training that you may be interested in.  They have a few weekend events scheduled each year.

It is a great way to get familiarized with IR related things and other specific performance related items specific to your airframe...

The kind of stuff you want to have in your tool box if using your plane for work... :)

Best regards,

-a-

I'm not familiar with the MAPA group...but I am curious about it now.  Is there a schedule posted somewhere??  

This is just a "fun" plane and not used for work, but I'm ALWAYS ready to put "more" in the proverbial toolbox of flying knowledge.

9 hours ago, Gatlin Gun said:

I'm not familiar with the MAPA group...but I am curious about it now.  Is there a schedule posted somewhere??  

This is just a "fun" plane and not used for work, but I'm ALWAYS ready to put "more" in the proverbial toolbox of flying knowledge.

Look here:

https://www.mooneysafety.com/proficiency-programs/

The schedule of locations is on the "Register" page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oldguy said:

Look here:

https://www.mooneysafety.com/proficiency-programs/

The schedule of locations is on the "Register" page.

I can't speak highly enough of the value the MAPA PPP brings to a new Mooney pilot! My first one was five weeks after completing my insurance dual, and I hit 100 hours total time on the way there. They literally cover everything--planning, flight, maintenance, upgrades. And having a CFII with loads of Mooney experience, often in your same model plane, flying with you is great.

8 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

Glad to hear it worked out and you're happy.

I am, and I truly can't thank you enough.  You spent a LOT of time helping, and I'm truly humbled...especially since we've never even met.  Truly, thank you KLRDMD.

• Like 1