1965 M20C Front Seats Max Luxury

Finally got my woman into the Mooney, and she actually really enjoyed it. The interior was redone by the previous owner, and it’s fine. The Lady wants more comfort in the front seats. I’m based in Southern California KCNO. Can anyone recommend a plane or auto shop within a few hundred miles to rebuild the seats with higher backs, more bolstering, memory foam, and the works?

I’ve got nice sheepskin covers that won’t fit when the seats are redone, if anyone is interested...

20 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

Youre already at the right place.  Go talk to chino aircraft interiors on the field.

Thanks, I am actually talking to them.  Looking to hear back.

i assume you recommend them?

20 hours ago, carusoam said:

Lukon,

find the concurrent thread by searching for the key word ‘seat’...

you need to strike while the iron is hot, my friend...

She might change her mind...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=Leather Seat foam&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

Best regards,

-a-

I followed your link and saw some threads on interiors, some of which I had already seen...

I didn’t see who “she” is...

Is she selling seats or refurbishing them?

17 hours ago, Robert Hicks said:

What do you want for your covers?

Anything tan that matches what I already have. Mine are covered with nice sheepskin covers anyway.

I’ll probably go with leather or an artificial facsimile...

‘I gotta see if there are headrests under the sheepskins...

56 minutes ago, Lukon said:

I followed your link and saw some threads on interiors, some of which I had already seen...

I didn’t see who “she” is...

Let's see who she is . . .

22 hours ago, Lukon said:

Finally got my woman into the Mooney, and she actually really enjoyed it. The interior was redone by the previous owner, and it’s fine. The Lady wants more comfort in the front seats. I’m based in Southern California KCNO. Can anyone recommend a plane or auto shop within a few hundred miles to rebuild the seats with higher backs, more bolstering, memory foam, and the works?

Does this help any?  ;)

Seriously, she is supportive of your flying; she encouraged you to buy a Mooney; she wants you to refurbish the seats.

21 hours ago, carusoam said:

Lukon,

find the concurrent thread by searching for the key word ‘seat’...

you need to strike while the iron is hot, my friend...

She might change her mind...

So fix up your seats now! Get it done while she is still happy. Keep her happy with the plane by making your flights more pleasant for her, and for you, too. You already have permission. 

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 3:02 PM, Lukon said:

Anything tan that matches what I already have. Mine are covered with nice sheepskin covers anyway.

I’ll probably go with leather or an artificial facsimile...

‘I gotta see if there are headrests under the sheepskins...

Sorry I guess I should’ve been more specific. What would you like for the sheepskin covers you are getting rid of?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, Robert Hicks said:

Sorry I guess I should’ve been more specific. What would you like for the sheepskin covers you are getting rid of?

Not sure yet. Have to see what I’m doing to the front seats first.