Fuel leak

unicom

Hi all,

I just noticed a fuel leak on my M20J (please see image attached). At the moment it is just drops but not so good when I set the electric fuel pump on. As usual, your feedback will be more than welcome. At the moment I am in Guadeloupe. I will be heading towards Florida in a month. I am thinking of having the aircraft serviced there.

Cheers,

Philippe

057A1FEE-0095-41D0-8996-464C3F19F57C.jpeg

3 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

That appears to be the vent fitting on the electric fuel pump.  The seal on the pump needs replacement.  Aeromotors LLC is the best option.

Clarence

Thank you so much Clarence. Just to make sure I understand,  the electric fuel pump needs to be removed and sent to Aeromotors LLC to be overhauled ?

32 minutes ago, unicom said:

Thank you so much Clarence. Just to make sure I understand,  the electric fuel pump needs to be removed and sent to Aeromotors LLC to be overhauled ?

Both the pump and motor as an assembly need to be sent for repair/overhaul.  The vent fitting keeps fuel from entering the motor when the pump seal wears out.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc