SB M20-282

elimansour

Hi all - My plane is coming up on 1000 hrs since the last compliance with the no back clutch spring SB.  Any recommendations of a maintenance facility in the Southwest that is expert in performing the SB?  I have been told by several mechanics (and have read the threads on MS) that the SB should only be accomplished by someone who is expert in this.  Thank you!

I replaced mine at 1000+ hours a few years ago.  My local mechanic removed the actuator and sent it to a Mooney service center for overhaul.   My mechanic is a KPAO legend and very experienced  (He has my total respect and trust) but he decided to let the  Mooney experts at a nearby Mooney Service Center rebuild it.  

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Rebuilding a complete actuator yes is a job for an expert.  But to replace the back spring is SO easy its untrue, it is literally removing the actuator, taking the covering plate off, remove / replace back spring  and put back together.   It took about 2 hours to remove and replace spring and about another 4-6 to put it back in the plane.

Andrew

My actuator's brass clutch needed to be replaced too since it had some deformation and damage.  Does that need more disassembly?