Sandia Quattro 340 to 340A upgrade

Oldguy

After reading some of the comments on MS, I decided to send in my 340 to have it upgraded to the 340A. They received it last Friday and it was sitting beside my door when I came home from work today. Total turnaround time of 1 week.

I was one who had never had any problems with my Quattro, but if there was an update being provided to the original version, I decided I should get it done before the problem it fixed showed up at the worst time possible. Getting it re-installed this weekend, and putting the 8130 in the parts folder. We'll see how it all goes.

• Like 1

I upgraded my Quartto to a 340A a month or so ago.  Like the features of the 340A but found during a trip to AZ. that the 340 failed in some moderate turbulence over the mountains.  I t did it twice.  I stopped in ABQ on the way home and got another.  The second seems to work better but I only have a few hours on it and only a little time in the bumps.  If you are using this as your only artificial horizon better be careful until Sandia finds the problem and gets all of them fixed.  The failure I experienced twice was the AH rolled into a 30d bank and sat there for about 15 minutes.  It did erect itself after the 15 minutes.  It might be I got the unit that had a bad component but maybe not.  This happen in VFR conditions but a failure in the clouds when its bumpy could be lethal.