EI R1 Tach $OLD

For sale I have an EI R1 tach. It was used in my Mooney that recently got a JPI 900 installed in it,
so I no longer have any use for this. Its in perfect working condition.
Displays RPM, Max RPM during the flight, Flight Time, tach Time, and Mag Failure. Great
if you have a broken Primary RPM gauge or if you have an STC changing the max RPM.
Max RPM on this unit is set at 2700RPM. Great unit, but as stated I have no use for it anymore
as I don't have any panel space. Perfect for anyone wanting to do the 310HP STC, or for anyone
wanting a more accurate tach.They're $450 new and its been used for about 4 months so I think
$225 is more than fair. PM or text me with any questions. 949 267 8813
Nik

20190310_170351.jpg

20190310_170407.jpg

Just now, MIm20c said:

This is a great buy for someone looking for 310 hp, I wonder if it will add that much power on my C?

Just curious what part of the Mortiz unit failed, the MP?  I chased that problem for awhile and wasted way too much money. 

My Moritz gauges all work perfectly and are going for sale today or tomorrow. But since the RPM increased and the Red Line for the Moritz where different, the STC increasing the power of my aircraft required a new tach.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

My Moritz gauges all work perfectly and are going for sale today or tomorrow. But since the RPM increased and the Red Line for the Moritz where different, the STC increasing the power of my aircraft required a new tach.

You probably could have just black taped over that gauge, but I give you credit for doing it right. See if you have any better luck with the RPM/FF limits. Trying to see if JPI has loosened the limits slightly and if so I’d start harassing them again. 

8 hours ago, MIm20c said:

You probably could have just black taped over that gauge, but I give you credit for doing it right. See if you have any better luck with the RPM/FF limits. Trying to see if JPI has loosened the limits slightly and if so I’d start harassing them again. 

Sadly the limit is still at 26.7 GPH which is too low.

I too have one of these for sale.  It was bought for a J model, then the customer changed his mind.  It’s been programmed for hi tach time so couldn’t be returned.

PM me if interested.

Clarence

3 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I too have one of these for sale.  It was bought for a J model, then the customer changed his mind.  It’s been programmed for hi tach time so couldn’t be returned.

PM me if interested.

Clarence

Just to chime in on EI's support for reconfiguring units. They are pretty reasonably priced to do conversions (like RPM zone warnings). I think I paid $60 to have them do a conversion on my RPM gauge.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Gibson...

What engine/plane is it for?

If you supply some detail...

Somebody can answer your question...

Where are you located, generally?

@M20Doc says he had one above... I can leave him a message...

Best regards,

-a-

Sorry, I should have updated this.  It’s been sold.

Clarence