1965 m20c with stc 200hp engine checklist

Hi everyone here!!i read a lot on this group and i have learned a lot!!i have a 1965 m20c with a 200 hp engine fuel injected and trying to find a good checklist!should i use c or e checklist?does anybody have one that can share!!greatly appreciate it!!!

4 hours ago, Hank said:

I wrote my own checklist from my Owners Manual, added new equipment, removed old stuff [Avionics Master Switch replaced turning each radio on and off, etc]. Then rearrange the items to suit your own flows.

Thank you i ippreciate your input

Norian,

You have quite an interesting and fantastic challenge...

Your C has become an E...

For proper documentation purposes... the 1965C needs an owners manual from 1965... available from Mooney....

For performance purposes... you would want the most recent POH for the C... available from Mooney or check the download section... your engine will exceed all the performance limitations of the C, by an unknown amount, so...

For performance purposes for your engine... you would want the latest POH for the E... available from Mooney or check the download section...

realistically... you want a copy of the STC documents that go with the engine swap... they probably have all the performance charts that you need... it is quite possible that Lasar is the STC holder for the engine swap in your plane... so check with Lasar...

You will find the older documents are terrible about helping you determine T/O and landing distances...  POHs weren’t invented for many years after your Hull was manufactured...

Then... you can build your own checklists from there....

If you use a manufactured checklist... compare against the POHs for accuracy...

Expect to add some steps at the end anyways... electronic things have been added like...

• Transponders
  • GPS/flight plan
  • CloudAhoy/data collection
  • ADSB in For weather and traffic, connected to your iPad....WiFi...
  • Know the density altitude (DA) (Patrick’s important reminder for new Mooney pilots)
  • Land straight ahead... (Canopyman’s reminder of what to do when the engine croaks on climb-out)

Welcome to the world of Mooney ownership! :)

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1