KGPM

Been told GPM Grand Prairie received significant damage overnight from storms. 

Hangar doors ripped off, an entire flight school lost its fleet, and planes tossed around like flying tortillas. 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/Damage-at-Grand-Prairie-Airport-Nearby-Neighborhood-507091421.html

I’m about to fly home from Greece - after seeing photos of my hangar I have fingers crossed and confident that there is no damage to my bird. Mine looks relatively unscathed and the door is still there/attached. 

Picture below is from a row a couple past mine. 

2042A5D6-0510-4C2E-ABDC-90300EBF7CAB.jpeg

• Like 1

Been told GPM Grand Prairie received significant damage overnight from storms. 

Hangar doors ripped off, an entire flight school lost its fleet, and planes tossed around like flying tortillas. 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/Damage-at-Grand-Prairie-Airport-Nearby-Neighborhood-507091421.html

I’m about to fly home from Greece - after seeing photos of my hangar I have fingers crossed and confident that there is no damage to my bird. Mine looks relatively unscathed and the door is still there/attached. 

Picture below is from a row a couple past mine. 
2042A5D6-0510-4C2E-ABDC-90300EBF7CAB.thumb.jpeg.10de769fed3b57d85ee0d165fcdcbc23.jpeg

Fingers crossed your plane is unscathed. Terrible wind damage in the article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Prelim shows all is fine inside the hangar. Although an industrial trash bag was blown inside (gross)

Doors stayed held on by my hinge on lock. Just took the other 2 photos. 6-7 planes hangared were damaged by due to the doors coming off whether by door impact or things flying around like it was Kansas inside. 

0AAB8A8E-0163-4099-8040-B295D555B6FF.jpeg

D6D516C3-413C-4ADB-A36E-1E57291671B4.jpeg

AEFC31FF-84AE-48B5-94FC-3EDB9F590A16.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bill98 said:

Prelim shows all is fine inside the hangar. Although an industrial trash bag was blown inside (gross)

Doors stayed held on by my hinge on lock. Just took the other 2 photos. 6-7 planes hangared were damaged by due to the doors coming off whether by door impact or things flying around like it was Kansas inside. 

0AAB8A8E-0163-4099-8040-B295D555B6FF.jpeg

D6D516C3-413C-4ADB-A36E-1E57291671B4.jpeg

AEFC31FF-84AE-48B5-94FC-3EDB9F590A16.jpeg

That is a shame. I know one thing that many bi-fold hangar door tenants don't do is latch the center post. That is a critical component in securing those doors for high winds. Those sliders like I had on my old hangar often would start swaying in the breeze if the lower track was weak. And I have seen some where there is no lower track, just the upper one.

17 hours ago, Marauder said:

That is a shame. I know one thing that many bi-fold hangar door tenants don't do is latch the center post. That is a critical component in securing those doors for high winds. Those sliders like I had on my old hangar often would start swaying in the breeze if the lower track was weak. And I have seen some where there is no lower track, just the upper one.

My center latch post lifted up and off