No Glideslope on GNS430 Self Test with G5 HSI

zuutroy

Anyone seen this before? All of the other stuff is fine on the GNS430 initiation self-test but the G5 HSI doesn't show any glideslope. Doesn't throw a flag, just no GS deviation bar. It works fine in flight when flying an ILS. 

Anyone seen this before? All of the other stuff is fine on the GNS430 initiation self-test but the G5 HSI doesn't show any glideslope. Doesn't throw a flag, just no GS deviation bar. It works fine in flight when flying an ILS. 

Yes indeed. Another owner had this same issue last week. I will try to find the thread for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, zuutroy said:

The post last week that I started fixed my problem. I now GP for LPV as well as ILS.  That said, if you only have a 430, not a 430W, you will not get Glideslope Precision. Thanks Marauder!

https://mooneyspace.com/topic/29270-dual-g5-and-lpv-vs-ils/

On 3/12/2019 at 3:30 PM, zuutroy said:

If your GNS430 is a non-WAAS unit, its software will not supply the VNAV 429 labels and will not deflect the G5’s GS indication during self-test.

On 3/13/2019 at 9:32 PM, Lee Moore said:

If your GNS430 is a non-WAAS unit, its software will not supply the VNAV 429 labels and will not deflect the G5’s GS indication during self-test.

So there's no way to the self-test to work on the G5, even following the instructions above?

So there's no way to the self-test to work on the G5, even following the instructions above?

This is correct, but only for the interface to a non-WAAS GNS 430/530.  The VNAV 429 labels do not exist in a non-WAAS unit to drive glidepath indications.  The selection in the above instructions is not present in the GNS 430. The ‘W’ in GNS 430W in large part denotes this capability to draw a GPS-derived glidepath.

Edited by Lee Moore