Mooney - log cabin hybrid (not airworthy)

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Since Al is one of the more thermally-conductive materials around, that will efficiently suck heat out of the cabin and radiate it back into the outdoors via the tail feathers.   

Doesn't look like it goes through the wall. You can see where the fuse was scalloped to match the logs on the outside and screwed into them.

To each his own, but I am not amused to see a vintage Mooney defiled in this manner. A Cirrus version might be more amusing.  Maybe attach the chute to the roof of the cabin?  :lol:

Edited by DXB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeOH said:

I have seen the Pyramids of Egypt. I've even witnessed a grown man satisfy a camel. But never in all my years have I witnessed something as improbable, as impossible, as what we've witnessed here!:o

IMG_1911.PNG

I hope that this plane was already severely corrosion damaged, and could not have economically been made airworthy before it was sliced and diced.  Even if it was un-airworthy, there are probably a number of usable parts that could have been harvested.  What a waste!

Small world. The gentleman that apparently sold this airplane in 2006, owns my old 64E N6907U http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/n1282x:1459

My old E is basically a  chandelier and this one seems to be some sort of coffee table or something.

I sense a decorating trend...

3 minutes ago, steingar said:

The  two photos of the tail don't match.  Amateur photoshop at its finest.  And who ever put the tail number in small letters on the empennage?  Isn't even a decent deep fake.

I don’t see it- what doesn’t match in the tail?