0TreeLemur

Breaking News: Stopping duplicate threads.

Recommended Posts

I got really confused this morning because it seemed that the "Boeing Acquires Foreflight" thread  had changed since I last read it on Wednesday, and my reply was gone.   Digging in, I found two identically titled "Boeing Acquires ForeFlight" threads, one in "General Mooney Talk", and one in "Miscellaneous Aviation Talk", that were started within 6 minutes of each other.   When two users read breaking news at the same time and decide to post it, it is not surprising that duplicate threads arise.   The thread they decide to post that it depends on where they think it belongs.  But, if we had  "Breaking News" thread, then the second one to post a duplicate thread would be given a warning that such a thread already exists.    This could trigger a fun game of "where's Waldo's news" and create an information race- making MS the most up-to-date aviation forum in existence!

I suggest MS needs a "Breaking News" thread to put current events in one place, and minimize duplicate threads due to different interpretations of which forum breaking news topics belong.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

I agree that this can sometimes be annoying. That said, it's a little tough to ask someone to do this work for free. Setting up a team of volunteers to moderate something as simple as this just makes the environment unnecessarily complex. There are other forums that have tried this without success.

I wouldn't want his forum to enter into an unrecoverable spin like other aviation forums have. The members involved in MS seems to keep things fairly well regulated IMHO. I wouldn't advocate adding additional complexity to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, David_H said:

I agree that this can sometimes be annoying. That said, it's a little tough to ask someone to do this work for free. Setting up a team of volunteers to moderate something as simple as this just makes the environment unnecessarily complex. There are other forums that have tried this without success.

I wouldn't want his forum to enter into an unrecoverable spin like other aviation forums have. The members involved in MS seems to keep things fairly well regulated IMHO. I wouldn't advocate adding additional complexity to it.

"Free" is an optional interpretation.   I donate, don't you? 

Anything to not see advertisements for  @Marauder's ladies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fred₂O said:

"Free" is an optional interpretation.   I donate, don't you? 

Anything to not see advertisements for  @Marauder's ladies. 

 

Aren't Marauder's ladies one of the main attractions?

Hmm... an idea: A 12 month MS Marauder calendar.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aren't Marauder's ladies one of the main attractions?
Hmm... an idea: A 12 month MS Marauder calendar.


Not enough paper to print it on and not enough gigabytes to do an online calendar. You’ll just need to enjoy those limited opportunities when they present themselves.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, David_H said:

Aren't Marauder's ladies one of the main attractions?

Hmm... an idea: A 12 month MS Marauder calendar.

Only if we can also have one for Hyetts men, for us and the ladies. ;)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 7:46 AM, Hyett6420 said:

Only if we can also have one for Hyetts men, for us and the ladies. ;)  

Thanks for the kind offer, but my need to not see Marauder's 400 lb girlfriends in bikinis is exceeded only by my need to not see 400 lb men in speedos . . .  :wacko:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hank said:

Thanks for the kind offer, but my need to not see Marauder's 400 lb girlfriends in bikinis is exceeded only by my need to not see 400 lb men in speedos . . .  :wacko:

Like this?

516512482_FatManinSpeedo.jpg.40251eb226286822e34710c187a0c3f4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 11:16 AM, Fred₂O said:

The pudding:

Screenshot_20190310_111201.png

Hey but I put it in the correct spot miscellaneous aviation. :D:):ph34r::o and I didn't see the other one :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 4:05 PM, Marauder said:

Like this?

Thanks. Now I will not be able to unsee that. Where are the moderators! Jee-zus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 10:31 PM, HRM said:

Thanks. Now I will not be able to unsee that. Where are the moderators! Jee-zus.

They're all on other boards in the interwebs. We'un's here don't need no steenkin' moderators!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.