Beautiful Low Time 1983 M20J 201 For Sale *SOLD*

Davarron

I apologize but for some reason I am unable to post any additional pictures that are oriented the correct way. If you are interested, I can send them to you or you can check out the listing on Trade a Plane or Barnstormers. Trade a Plane has 19 photos attached.

Overview   SOLD

Price: $126,500

IMMACULATE LOW TIME 1983 M20J 201, 2550 TT, 550 SMOH, Garmin G5, Lynx 9000+ ADSB Transponder with Active Traffic & Terrain Vision, PMA 450B Audio Panel with Dual Bluetooth, No Damage History, Always Hangared, 158 KTAS at 9.5 GPH

Avionics

-New Garmin G5 Primary Attitude Indicator in 2018
-New PMA 450B Audio Panel with Dual Bluetooth in 2018
-New Lynx 9000+ ADSB Transponder with ACTIVE TRAFFIC and TERRAIN (TCAS Antenna on top of airplane)
-New GMA 35 WAAS GPS Antenna installed and prewired to front panel

-All GPS wiring prewired from panel to battery compartment to eliminate removing interior again and reduce labor costs
***All you need to do is choose what GPS unit you would like to install***
-All wiring prewired for a second G5 HSI version to eliminate removing interior again and reduce labor costs

-KAP 150 Autopilot with Electric Trim (Flies like it is on rails!)
-Fully coupled to complete ILS to minimums
-JPI 730 graphic engine display with all engine instruments except RPM, MP, and Fuel
-Vertical Card Compass
-KY-197 Comm 1
-KNS-80 Nav 1
-KX-165 Comm 2/Nav 2
-King HSI

Airframe

2550 Total Time!!
-Precise Flight Electric Speed Brakes installed in 2010 at 2125 total time
-New Main Gear Disks in 2010
-New Nose Gear Disks in 2007
-Mechanic says all disks are in great shape
-No fuel tank seeping
-ALL LED EXTERIOR LIGHTING including AeroLED Sunspot 46 LX Landing Light

Engine
-Lycoming IO-360-A3B6, 200 HP
-Dual-Drive, Dual Mag option (Instead of Single-drive mags)
-550 SMOH by PENN YAN AERO in 2009
-Average flown 55 hours per year
-Oil changed every 25-30 hours with CamGuard and oil sample analysis
-Completely DRY Engine
-Compressions at last annual: 77, 74, 76, 75/80
-All Tempest Fine Wire Spark Plugs
-Reiff engine cylinder band preheat system 100W on each cylinder

Propeller
-McCauley 2 Blade Constant Speed Prop
-550 SMOH
-Polished Spinner

Exterior
-Full Custom Paint Scheme by ArtCraft Paint in California in 2013 at 2250 total time
-EXCELLENT LIKE NEW Condition
-Rated 9.9/10

Windows
-New Solar Control Great Lakes Aero Products windshield when airplane was repainted
-Remaining windows are original in good condition

Interior
-New Carpet and Seats in 2012 at 2212 total time
-Rated 9.5/10
-Seats have special 7-layer foam cushions
-All interior plastic repainted (original plastic…has a few cracks here and there to be expected with age)
-Custom Leather Wrapped Yokes with New Mooney Logo
-Custom LED overhead dome lights to match exterior paint

Remarks

This is an IMMACULATE 1983 Mooney currently owned by a professional airline pilot with no expenses spared. No maintenance issue has gone unfixed. This airplane has been featured by Mooney in advertising and is a one-of-a-kind aircraft. Exceptional low total time for this year.

-Dual split reclining rear seats.
-Will include custom-made chocks as well.
-Last Annual: June 2018
-Last XPDR/Static IFR Check: July 2018

If interested, please message me for additional information or call 810-429-0203

gYiNd7f3RUy%LCTc53nJJw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If this is the aircraft I'm thinking of (and it sure looks like it) I saw it once at TZR before I bugged out.  Spankiest looking 201 I've ever seen.  Clean as a whistle.  Not surprised it sold quick.  I am surprised Davarron didn't hold onto it.  Nice Mooney.

3 hours ago, Davarron said:

fullsizeoutput_874.jpeg

CYA1n44dRu+aT7w13RFVFw.jpg

IMG_3426.JPG

Wow!  What a nice job, thanks for sharing.  It sure beats the old blue interior. The avionics upgrade looks great too.  Here are a couple photos of the old panel from 2007 

IMGP2783.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0989 (3).jpg

2 hours ago, RWY7 said:

Wow!  What a nice job, thanks for sharing.  It sure beats the old blue interior. The avionics upgrade looks great too.  Here are a couple photos of the old panel from 2007 

IMGP2783.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0989 (3).jpg

It really was a pleasure to own and fly and to update! I did the avionics. The guy before me did the paint and interior. Hopefully I can find an Ovation just as nice as this airplane was to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steingar said:

If this is the aircraft I'm thinking of (and it sure looks like it) I saw it once at TZR before I bugged out.  Spankiest looking 201 I've ever seen.  Clean as a whistle.  Not surprised it sold quick.  I am surprised Davarron didn't hold onto it.  Nice Mooney.

If only I could afford two haha. Will be looking for a nice Ovation pre G1000 in the next twelve months or so. Hopefully there's a nice one as nice as this 201 I owned.