1963 M20C - Need Mooney Pilot - Atlanta

Hello All,

I am looking for help from a Mooney Pilot local in Atlanta. Currently looking at purchasing a 1963 Mooney and looking for someone to help with the process and or company. The plane is located in CA and looking for someone to take a look at the plane pictures and discuss the plane with the owner for me that is more knowledgeable then I am to ask all the correct questions. I will also be needing this person to be able to fly to CA before purchase to kick the tires and take the plane for a test fly along with flying the plane back to GA with me.

I do not have my pilot license yet but so this is why I need assistance with this purchase.

Please hold all your opinions about what you may think and please only respond if you can help and or can point me in the right direction to a company and or person who can.

Cheers,
Aaron Taylor

Welcome!! You are in the right spot!

I’m in LA and wouldn’t minds taking a peek for you if it’s in the area. Is the current owner a member on the site? 

I would still highly recommend a Pre Purchase at Lasar or Top Gun out here. I could offer help in the right direction on the maintenance side.

Student pilot yet? I’m sure your CFI wouldn’t mind the flight.

good luck!

-Matt

Another new guy that posts a question and then can't be bothered to check back 36 hours later.  :wacko:

-and says he found a 63 M20C but posts under Modern Mooney Discussion

-and then warns us not to give opinions but only post if we can help him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2019 at 9:49 PM, StevenL757 said:

@mooniac58

Calling Admin to move this to the correct area.

I think the correct forum may be the trash.  Almost seems like he was a troll or a scammer of some sort. Joined & 1st post on Saturday, last login was Sunday.  Suspicious.

• Like 1

See if I have this correct...

The OP wants...

• someone from Georgia to go plane shopping...in California...
  • Do some brief PPI...
  • take a flight...
  • Bring plane back to Atlanta with the OP...

Other than the OP has no PPL or knowledge of the plane buying process... what could possibly go wrong?

Way to go Aaron!

Ask a few more questions...

What are you going to do with a plane and no license? :)

Kind of a cart before the horse kind of thing... look up PPI and get a feeling for the purchasing process... You are picking up a ton of risk with very little reward to go with that... you may have found the most expensive way to make a simple mistake...

Best regards,

-a-

Hey guys, be nice, he came asking questions to try to make an informed decision. he knows that he has no experience in this area and came to learn.

I have been talking with him for the past week, he has decided he wants a Mooney but wants the right one for him. he is also scheduling lessons and medical before buying a plane. yes he is anxious to do this and wants to do it in his own plane, but he has enough sense and restraint to make good decisions.

Brian

• Like 1

Hey guys, be nice, he came asking questions to try to make an informed decision. he knows that he has no experience in this area and came to learn.
I have been talking with him for the past week, he has decided he wants a Mooney but wants the right one for him. he is also scheduling lessons and medical before buying a plane. yes he is anxious to do this and wants to do it in his own plane, but he has enough sense and restraint to make good decisions.
Brian

That’s great Brian, but don’t you think it’s odd to come to a forum, ask for help and then drop off the grid? A simple, a found some help would have sufficed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orionflt said:

I'm not sure why he didn't stop back on, or maybe he did and saw some of the comments and decided this was not the place for him!

Brian

Were it me I’d probably react similarly, only due to the embarrassment of having made such an error. Then again, I usually try a search function before I ask.  Usually.

Still, glad to hear the fellow is serious and in good hands. Sorry I haven’t been back. The main reason I had to travel to Eastern Pennsylvania died with my sister.

hey all,

Thanks for all the information and willingness to help out with the plane i was looking at. I have been discussing things with someone on this forum who has been completely helpful guiding me shopping for a plane to purchase....   I have to admit, I love some of the responsive above.... Knew it wouldnt take lond for people to chirp up and all... 

Thank you again all for the help and information regarding me looking for a plane and help with it. I am excited about it all and learning more from this group and people...  

LOL, and to Marauder I got your bridge bro, right here next to the house that Im selling you putts!!~! lol...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1060+Addison+Pl+NW,+Atlanta,+GA+30318/@33.7993918,-84.4604287,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88f51b18baf2b5fd:0xad3d14519ae098fd!8m2!3d33.7993874!4d-84.45824

Thanks again all... :)

Both Planes have already sold that we where looking at so im back on the hunt... that you all!!! :)

P.S. Sorry If I posted in the wrong area, and I work 2 jobs so Im very busy but I thank all for your feedback and advise... Yes, green as green can be... but totally committed... :)

Way to go Aaron...

Use caution with strong language... We are amongst mixed company.

If you have two jobs, the third one will be flying..?

Keep in mind buying a plane is pretty easy.  Buying a good plane takes additional effort...

At this point in the economic cycle...

• Unemployment is down...
  • interest rates are climbing...
  • inflation is still in check...
  • people still aren’t getting raises at work...
  • Fuel prices are still quite low...
  • Good airplanes are selling in short periods of time...

Avoid buying a plane that can turn into an ownership nightmare... IOW...select wisely...

Now... what to do with an old bridge in that part of Atlanta...hmmm.... :)

Best regards,

-a-