Moto Gp starts this weekend.

This is the first race weekend of the Motocycle World Championship called MotoGP. If you have never seen it, it is worth the hour spent watching it for the first time. It is not Formula1, not Indy car, definitely not Nascar. If you are any kind of racing fan, it is one of the better series to watch for pure racing action.

Something I like,  for what that is worth. 

DF

• Like 4

Slide on over Birmingham September 20-22 for the MotoAmerica race at Barber race track or, if you are just a motorcycle geek, come out on October 4-6 for the Vintage Motorcycle Festival. If you have never seen the museum there, you need to check it out.

https://www.barbermuseum.org/

• Like 2

23 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I've attended the MotoGP on Phillip Island several times and now attend the MotoGP in Austin every year. And now that I'm moving to Denver, I'll just have to use the Mooney to get back to Austin for MotoGP at the COTA.

I have always wanted to go to Phillip Island. Isle of Mann is another. 

• Like 2

Thread drift . . . . Speaking of Laguna Seca and Superbikes and MotoGp.

A friend of mine, Ruben Xaus, raced Superbike and MotoGP.  I got to go out to Laguna Seca a couple times to see him race. 

image.png.c4dab9b7dc34d8b3f81b668bdbcc64f4.png

Later I got to take him up in a Cessna I had at the time. 

image.png.ae6e740956df842309332aa7be138251.png

He got a taste for General Aviation and later on back in Spain ended up getting his private license.

image.thumb.png.1a0c88b9a4805a8774cf3ab98890f616.png

image.thumb.png.0a74e9b8ec6ebd54bbd2d5245cd27dd8.png

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Thread drift . . . . Speaking of Laguna Seca and Superbikes and MotoGp.

A friend of mine, Ruben Xaus, raced Superbike and MotoGP.  I got to go out to Laguna Seca a couple times to see him race. 

image.png.c4dab9b7dc34d8b3f81b668bdbcc64f4.png

Later I got to take him up in a Cessna I had at the time. 

image.png.ae6e740956df842309332aa7be138251.png

He got a taste for General Aviation and later on back in Spain ended up getting his private license.

image.thumb.png.1a0c88b9a4805a8774cf3ab98890f616.png

image.thumb.png.0a74e9b8ec6ebd54bbd2d5245cd27dd8.png

You know Ruben? Wow.

Does he still own land in Helotes? 

I raced go carts with he and Colin Edwards at Colin's track when they were in town.

I watched him all thru Superbikes and Gp. He was a factor in one of the best World Superbike championship endings ever while on the Ducati and Colin on the Honda.

That is cool Lance. You sure do suprise.

3 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

Really good first race of the season. Did not dissapoint. Ducati, Honda, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha top five. 

Good stuff. 

Formula One next week. 85% chance it will be boring. :):)

Separated by less than a second

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 320KPH said:

it was  a low pace procession dominated by Dovi, i got up at 0400 local to watch it... call me dedicated.. the last lap was alright and I loved the Suzukis...

Mostly agree, but the chess game was 100 times better than F1 

I hope Rins shakes up the top three on a constance basis. That will good fun. 

• Like 1

It's like an average 1000 fpm descent from top to bottom. Modern tracks are designed around safety with the designers trying to make it interesting from a competition perspective not easy to do. Laguna, like Sears Point, my home tracks were designed primarily by the geography of a hill side. Back in my days fatalities were way to common. Racing at these tracks is more like a true road course than a race track. Isle of Mann is definitely something I would love to see in person. What road racing motorcycles is all about.

• Like 3

I think flying my Mooney to the Isle of Mann to watch the TT would be the experience of a life time. I'll bet we could get @Hyett6420 to join us.

I might have to put that first on the Retirement To Do List.

1 hour ago, bonal said:

It's like an average 1000 fpm descent from top to bottom. Modern tracks are designed around safety with the designers trying to make it interesting from a competition perspective not easy to do. Laguna, like Sears Point, my home tracks were designed primarily by the geography of a hill side. Back in my days fatalities were way to common. Racing at these tracks is more like a true road course than a race track. Isle of Mann is definitely something I would love to see in person. What road racing motorcycles is all about.

• Like 3