Pilot assist annual - Hawk paint & PFS

On 3/12/2019 at 12:13 PM, kortopates said:

Yep, I & 2 is exactly what you want to see but #3 isn't necessarily an issue. It isn't enough clear enough to see what's going on in 3 and 4. Although we'd prefer to see symmetrical red circular pattern, deposits may not be uniform in 3 and and when they're not you want to see green some green at the outer edge before confirming any burning. But if under closer visual examination (higher resolution photo's with better lighting) it appears that is a hot spot, then lapping the valve in situ can clean it up and save the valve before it really burns. But I wouldn't get worried about that based on these photo's - not yet anyway since you can't really tell what's going on with 3 & 4. 

Lynn's smart phone has higher res versions but we've not figured out how to preserve the 127k file sizes when we email or upload them to the AGL Drop Box in the cloud. I asked Tamara to connect the phone to her laptop and copy direct.

In any event, there is no green discoloration on any of the valves. Lynn, who's looking at the original, higher res, pics was satisfied with the appearance.

• Like 1

Lynn finished his inspection today and I left the airport at 5:00 with only 4 wing panels, the one piece belly panel, and the front seats left to reinstall.

I believe we did a very thorough annual with zero discrepancies found. Well, I did have to replace a rivnut. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Lynn finished his inspection today and I left the airport at 5:00 with only 4 wing panels, the one piece belly panel, and the front seats left to reinstall.

I believe we did a very thorough annual with zero discrepancies found. Well, I did have to replace a rivnut. 

Wow - we can only wish for such an annual!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

regular maintenance and preventative  maintenance makes all the difference in how an annual turns out.....

• Like 2

I keep a running squawk list on mine. It's almost always very minor stuff. And then anytime JD gets a little time, he pulls my plane down to the shop and knocks a few items off the list.

I"m gonna miss this great service when we leave Texas.

• Like 2