Recommended Paint Shops

I am considering an N # change on my Ovation and am looking for a paint shop for this project.  The aircraft is based in upstate NY so a shop in the Northeast would be most convenient.  I would consider other locations.

Any recommendations you have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Aviator
Typos

5 hours ago, Aviator said:

I am considering an N # change on my Ovation and am looking for a paint shop for this project.  The aircraft is based in upstate NY so a shop in the Northeast would be most convenient.  I would consider other locations.

Thanks.

Hi Aviator,

I very recently had a complete strip and repaint BEAUTIFUL paint job that I am VERY happy with the quality VERY near you in Middlebury, VT.  I highly recommend.The business is called J&M aviation.  Tell Mike I sent you....

J & M Aviation Corporation
Address: 467 Airport Rd, Middlebury, VT 05753

E

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

aviatoreb

I was searching the posts to see if I could find a post that would answer this question:  how much should I expect to pay to have a long body (95 Ovation) painted.  I just saw your airplane. First of all,  bad ass paint job. Love it!  So I have to ask, about how much? I am new on here, I hope this is an appropriate question! 

Feel free to private message me. 

Sam

614-348-6403

Sam,

There are few aviation related questions that are inappropriate on MS...

Some cost related questions can be sensitive, for some...

Often, some people may estimate the cost and use AMUs to casually hide what is being discussed in public.

Most often, a PM can be a better way to send a point to point question... click on the avatar, find the pm button...

In the mean time... i’ll Let EB know you are looking for him... might save you a few hours... @aviatoreb 

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, Sam Muncy said:

aviatoreb

I was searching the posts to see if I could find a post that would answer this question:  how much should I expect to pay to have a long body (95 Ovation) painted.  I just saw your airplane. First of all,  bad ass paint job. Love it!  So I have to ask, about how much? I am new on here, I hope this is an appropriate question! 

Feel free to private message me. 

Sam

614-348-6403

Hi Sam,  Thank you!

It is a fair question.  I will pm you what I paid since I don't mean to short circuit J&M's right to quote prices by posting prices publicly.  And their standard paint job includes a good bit of smoothing and general restoration body work.  But I will say publicly it was an "average" priced paint job from what I have seen posted here, middle teens.  But the quality is as good, or better than any I have seen - if you have ever heard the phrase "a 10ft job" or a "50 ft job" that looks good only at 50ft....this is a 2 inch job - it is quite perfect even up close. 

And I paid uncharge for the quality of the specialized color, for the wavy tail, and for a special substance in the paint that is in the mid-coat (not just the pearl in the pain) but it is a micro-glass balls that blings like crazy if the sunshine hits it just so - I have never seen this stuff in an airplane, but someone called it "the bass-boat treatment".  So it is a second substance besides the pearl in the paint, that goes in a mid-clear coat, and then goes a second plain clear coat.

...and I did new windows at that time, which is a separate job from the paint job but good to do at the same time.

I recommend J&M aviation in Middlebury, VT highly for the meticulous quality of their workmanship.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, Aviator said:

Thanks.

You can give my Sales Manager, Steve Schofield a call at 484-718-3136.  We do N number changes quite often, and we can also re-strap your transponder if needed as well.  Our facility is at KMQS.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:56 AM, aviatoreb said:

Hi Sam,  Thank you!

It is a fair question.  I will pm you what I paid since I don't mean to short circuit J&M's right to quote prices by posting prices publicly.  And their standard paint job includes a good bit of smoothing and general restoration body work.  But I will say publicly it was an "average" priced paint job from what I have seen posted here, middle teens.  But the quality is as good, or better than any I have seen - if you have ever heard the phrase "a 10ft job" or a "50 ft job" that looks good only at 50ft....this is a 2 inch job - it is quite perfect even up close. 

And I paid uncharge for the quality of the specialized color, for the wavy tail, and for a special substance in the paint that is in the mid-coat (not just the pearl in the pain) but it is a micro-glass balls that blings like crazy if the sunshine hits it just so - I have never seen this stuff in an airplane, but someone called it "the bass-boat treatment".  So it is a second substance besides the pearl in the paint, that goes in a mid-clear coat, and then goes a second plain clear coat.

...and I did new windows at that time, which is a separate job from the paint job but good to do at the same time.

I recommend J&M aviation in Middlebury, VT highly for the meticulous quality of their workmanship.

I’ve seen Erik’s up close just after it was painted, beautiful first class job, I’ve also seen Bob’s E plane up close just after it was done which also looks beautiful. I’d rap with a few guys here on MS for recommendations we have a lot of beautiful Mooney  here as well as Rmags J gorgeous 

• Like 1