South FL X14, 2IS or PHK assistance maybe needed

1964-M20E

Anyone on here based or near these airports.  Work may have me in Clewiston, (2IS) FL for 3 to 5 months probably starting sometime in April.

I'm looking for pireps on these airports.  Unfortunately I do not see any rental cars close by.:(  Maybe a fellow MSer would be willing to fly me to an airport that does have some car rentals.

I would like to be in hangar but for a few months I can stand being tied down outside. Clewiston would be my first choice.

Bring plenty of bug remover. Clewiston airport is home to everything that could possibly splat on your leading edges...

You might call the skydive operation there to see if they would rent you a corner of the hangar for the duration. 

Edited by philiplane

I'm in stuart. Airglades should have some space for you as I dont see many planes tied up outside except for an old project e model someone seems to have abandoned on the ramp. There is an fbo on field that can direct you. If you get a chance fly up to ttx...they have a pretty cool museum on the end of the field.

Pete

I once got stranded at Clewiston during a fuel stop. They have plenty of tie-down spots.

On the weekend there's a lot of skydiving activity, so do not fly directly over the airport at any time. And watch out for the Caravan, the pilot of the jump plane makes some outrageous descents from 12,000 feet and very tight approaches. But it's fun to watch.

X14 is going to be your lowest fuel price out of the bunch.  I’m not sure if it’s too far but I stopped at X06 on Thursday for fuel and paid $3.35 and also very nice people.  I’m not sure about space though....