Mooney owners in the PNW (Hillsboro OR)

Hi, my name is Kai, 

i am a new pilot, just licensed on January 16th and have been looking at different planes to buy and I test flew a piper arrow 2 and it was not my favorite by far.

I was wondering if any local Mooney pilots to the Hillsboro Portland area of Oregon (if Any) would be willing to take some time out of there day to give me a ride?

Thank you!

I have my annual planned for March 25th at Troutdale. I’ll more than likely be in the Portland area that weekend. If you haven’t gotten up before that let me know and I would be glad to give you a ride in my J. The coast is a real short flight. Pic from last years flight before the annual. db000d744e3db05ed808a24f0b6c7ce6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:55 PM, xcrmckenna said:

I have my annual planned for March 25th at Troutdale. I’ll more than likely be in the Portland area that weekend. If you haven’t gotten up before that let me know and I would be glad to give you a ride in my J. The coast is a real short flight. Pic from last years flight before the annual. db000d744e3db05ed808a24f0b6c7ce6.jpg

That would be awesome! The J model is the one I'm looking at, let me know what your plans are as the 25th approaches, Id be more than happy to fly to KTTD if necessary. 

Thank You!!

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, xcrmckenna said:

Is this taken over Cannon beach? Sure looks like it to me.

My wife and I love fly to Seaside for a lunch and walk on the beach. Great scenery on a nice day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, KiloAlphaIndigo said:

Hi, my name is Kai, 

i am a new pilot, just licensed on January 16th and have been looking at different planes to buy and I test flew a piper arrow 2 and it was not my favorite by far.

I was wondering if any local Mooney pilots to the Hillsboro Portland area of Oregon (if Any) would be willing to take some time out of there day to give me a ride?

Thank you!

Good Morning Kai

Congrats on your license.  I also have my maintenance done in Troutdale, OR.  If you end up purchasing a Mooney, I strongly encourage you to take it to Troutdale for a prepurchase inspection.  Just remember almost everything is fixable, just buy accordingly.  A Mooney is not built like a Piper and Cessna.  

Use to be another gentleman named Tom around the Portland area very knowledgeable with the Mooney.  He was older and not sure what happened to him.  

If we ever cross paths I’d gladly take you up. 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, KiloAlphaIndigo said:

Hi, my name is Kai, 

Thank you!

I'm based down in Corvallis.  I'm free today and the weather's nice if you're interested in looking at an M20J.  I'm available on Fridays and weekends, but next weekend looks iffy for sightseeing.  PM if you haven't found anyone yet.

Edit:  OK, maybe the weather's not so nice up in HIO.  16 knots gusting to 24 right between the two runway directions... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

How does John Day to Troutdale get you to the beach?  You must be lost.

I think Mooneymuscle is referring to Tom Kopcynski.  He's still working.  Reliant Aviation at Twin Oaks.  He used to have an MSC at Albany.

How does John Day to Troutdale get you to the beach?  You must be lost.
I think Mooneymuscle is referring to Tom Kopcynski.  He's still working.  Reliant Aviation at Twin Oaks.  He used to have an MSC at Albany.

Last year I flew into Troutdale the weekend before my annual. Come Monday I flew over to the beach before we did the compression test.

28 minutes ago, geoffb said:

Don't bother Tom, he's supposed to be putting my engine back together(well, all the parts that came off for my Overhaul/Prop Strike inspection) and I'd really like my plane back this year.

• Haha 1

Don't bother Tom, he's supposed to be putting my engine back together(well, all the parts that came off for my Overhaul/Prop Strike inspection) and I'd really like my plane back this year.

Are they dragging their feet on your plane?

4 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

Are they dragging their feet on your plane?

The engine shop just got done last week, short list: case and crank had to go out for build up and grind down, as appropriate, other problems found necessitating it becoming an overhaul, fuel system went out(since it's now an overhaul) and then cylinders took a long time... So, now it's in Tom's hands, again, finally.

• Like 1

The engine shop just got done last week, short list: case and crank had to go out for build up and grind down, as appropriate, other problems found necessitating it becoming an overhaul, fuel system went out(since it's now an overhaul) and then cylinders took a long time... So, now it's in Tom's hands, again, finally.

If you need to go for a flight let me know I’ll come get you one of these weekends:)

• Like 2

My congratulations for entering your city and state as well as Airport designator!

it is all too common for people enter their airport designator and expecting everyone to look it up if they want to know where that is.  I am sure they are not intentionally being disrespectful, but it ends up that way.  If I enter KOSA and don’t say where that is located, almost no one will know without looking it up.  I won’t treat others like that. 

Great job!  Great job on your new PPL too!  I hope you end up in the Mooney world with us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...