Aviation oil sold on Amazon, free shipping, no CA tax!

kmyfm20s

Petroleum Service Company.  Phillips 20w-50XC, $54.94/case.

I used to buy from them and order two cases because shipping for two cases was the same cost as shipping one case.  Came out to something like $135 for two cases including shipping.  That's shipping from PA to the west coast (WA).  Might be cheaper for those on the east coast.

I now buy from a local distributor for about $56/case including tax.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Bob - S50 said:

I used to buy from them and order two cases because shipping for two cases was the same cost as shipping one case.  Came out to something like $135 for two cases including shipping.  That's shipping from PA to the west coast (WA).  Might be cheaper for those on the east coast.

looks like your source is even a better price with shipping included to San Diego. Thanks!

1 hour ago, kmyfm20s said:

You guys get better prices than I do for sure. For me this is a nice convenience and I save a couple dollars.

That is spruces retail price, look in your area for an oil distributor, I buy 2 cases at a time just to have it. Actually buy 4 cases, 2 XC and 2 100 plus 

6 hours ago, Shadrach said:

Good god that thing takes a case of oil? I get two oil changes out of a case.

I only get one oil change per case as well.....but I am changing two engines... :rolleyes::D

7 hours ago, Bob - S50 said:

Thanks for the info on PSC, just added them to my favorites and ordered two cases.  :)

Cheers,

Brian

6 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

Aircraft Spruce just lowered their requirement for free shipping to $350.

X/C is 64$/case so  buy your filters, camguard, other parts and stuff then add cases of oil to meet 350$.  

I wonder if that includes hazmat that goes with Tks fluid?  Normally a large fraction of the cost of Tks is hazmat shipping.

3 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

I do not know. I guess shipping for TKS fluid for your de-iced airplane is a first world problem ??  Jk

Huh?  :-). I’m sorry Byron but I turned my head sideways both ways to read your joke and I’m just missing the first world thing.

16 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I wonder if that includes hazmat that goes with Tks fluid?  Normally a large fraction of the cost of Tks is hazmat shipping.

If you go to tksfluid.com and get the 2x2.5 gal containers shipping is free. It’s about $125 total for 5 gal. Since I live on the California coast it lasts me all winter!

4 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

If you go to tksfluid.com and get the 2x2.5 gal containers shipping is free. It’s about $125 total for 5 gal. Since I live on the California coast it lasts me all winter!

I’ve done a little better even as of my fall 2018 buy.  It was something like $21/gal all in - from a cheaper vendor - I’ll look up to remind myself which one.

when I got this plane ten years ago it was close to $10/gallon all in I think.

well it’s liquid gold if you need it and to expensive to go flying in ice all the time even if you didn’t have appropriate respect for the safety factor of flying in ice even w Tks.

We finally got to the age where we could afford a Airpark house  in Houston. But we had to sell the airplane to affford the house. I’ve never seen a 200 mph house, except in Kansas and it was a single use.

so we passed on the deal

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 3