Elevator Trim

Good morning everyone

I just purchased a 1977 20C RANGER,  I thought this would be an upgrade from the 1963D Mooney that I will be selling.

My 63 Mooney is in great shape, not sure yet about my new purchase. My question I have is that their was an electric elevator trim system installed

however it is not working. When I invested gated the problem I discovered the electric trim motor has been removed. Where can I find information on

an elevator electric trim system?

Thank you

Dave

N3559H

The airplane is in IL an I am in FL for the winter, I can’t provide any pictures of switches at this time.

Back in 1983 a Brittian B-11 Accutrack was installed. I don’t exactly what that system does except track 

VOR radios which I never use. It will be coming out when I get the Truetrack autopilot installed. 

Nothing in the logs about electric trim.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Toologin said:

The airplane is in IL an I am in FL for the winter, I can’t provide any pictures of switches at this time.

Back in 1983 a Brittian B-11 Accutrack was installed. I don’t exactly what that system does except track 

VOR radios which I never use. It will be coming out when I get the Truetrack autopilot installed. 

Nothing in the logs about electric trim.

Thanks

Perhaps it’s listed on the weight & balance and equipment list?

Clarence

On 2/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, Toologin said:

Do you use the electric trim system to trim or do you find yourself manually trimming 

I called Aero Trim and left a message 

Thank you

Dave

I would be interested in what AeroTrim as to say. Do they even sell the electric trim anymore.

Aero-trim is still in business, but they have a much-reduced product line.  The electric elevator trim mod is no longer offered, but I don't know if they still have parts or service for the old ones that are still out there.

Good afternoon 

Thank you for offering to send me a picture of the Trim motor in the tail section,  

You can post it here or email the picture to my email

This would help me trying to find a replacement motor.

Davidlwaller@hotmail.com

Thanks again

David

Thank you very much for taking the time to produce the

pictures of the trim system. This is very similar to my

Installation . I will pursue the path of trying to find parts

to get mind repaired. 

You have made it possible for me to have a starting point 

thanks

Dave