Need help finding replacement 78’ M20J Oil Pressure Gauge

Drew_Wagner

My oil pressure gauge stopped working, certified inop by the mechanic at the field. We are both having a really hard time finding a replacement. Anyone have one for sale that has had recent panel work or know of where I can get a replacement?

Part number for the cluster is 640281-511

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah decision time.  Go with a EI replacement or full engine monitor....  The dark side of upgrading your plane beckons

Indeed it does! Unfortunately my wife and I just had baby number 3 so 6 seats are in our near future and I already have a JPI 830 in the plane. If only there were an easier way to get the 830 certified as a full replacement...

I have that item. It was removed from my K Model when the panel was equipped with the MVP-50. Fully operational but markings may not correspond to a J Model.

Not sure if that works for you. Here are some pics of the markings. 

20190225_101159.jpg

20190225_101203.jpg

I have that item. It was removed from my K Model when the panel was equipped with the MVP-50. Fully operational but markings may not correspond to a J Model.
    Not sure if that works for you. Here are some pics of the markings. 
20190225_101159.thumb.jpg.2e371a1dd5b16185c1b66c926c54e590.jpg
20190225_101203.thumb.jpg.cd872332506c078a4a95ef86ce75cad2.jpg

What is the part number on that? My gut says it’s not legal since the markings don’t correspond, but it’s worth asking. Anyone know the answer to that?

What is the part number on that? My gut says it’s not legal since the markings don’t correspond, but it’s worth asking. Anyone know the answer to that?

It’s not legal, for certified engine monitors, they MUST use limitations specified in POH to be legal.

I sold mine when I upgraded to the JPI 900, I’d be surprised if there weren’t a few stored in hangars.

The person who bought mine I think was just storing as a spare, you might be able to buy it off him;

https://mooneyspace.com/topic/26107-annunciator-engine-gauges-1978-j-sold/

Tom

• 3 weeks later...