Introduction

JimB

Just wanted to post an introduction now that I am officially a new Mooney owner!! I just closed today on my M20F and looking forward for some good weather to get my 5 hours in for insurance and be able to pick her up from Ohio. This winter is really dragging me down! While this is my first post here, I have been lurking, reading and learning a lot. I appreciate the incredible resource this website has been while I have been researching my Mooney purchase. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully sharing too.

Jim

• Like 4

Just wanted to post an introduction now that I am officially a new Mooney owner!! I just closed today on my M20F and looking forward for some good weather to get my 5 hours in for insurance and be able to pick her up from Ohio. This winter is really dragging me down! While this is my first post here, I have been lurking, reading and learning a lot. I appreciate the incredible resource this website has been while I have been researching my Mooney purchase. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully sharing too.
Jim

Where you based Jim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks everyone. Still looking for a home airport. Indianapolis Executive is closest to me and I like the airport and the FBO operator FirstWing but they only have community hangar space available right now. There are a couple of other options that I am looking at and will certainly update my profile when I get that settled. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JimB said:

Thanks everyone. Still looking for a home airport. Indianapolis Executive is closest to me and I like the airport and the FBO operator FirstWing but they only have community hangar space available right now. There are a couple of other options that I am looking at and will certainly update my profile when I get that settled. 

Flown in and out of Eagle Creek a lot going to Ricks or my sisters.  Always found it to be a good airport but know nothing about being based there. 

Congratulations!  Picked up my F in August of last year.  Such a thrill and grateful to have the ability to travel like this.  But I hear you....Between winter weather and my personal schedule, makes it a little tougher to predict when I'll be able to fly this time of year.  

Welcome aboard, Jim. Bought my Mooney on August 4, 1999, also from Ohio, and have been enjoying it ever since. You have joined an incredible community of pilots and acquired a plane that can take you just about anywhere.

I wish you many happy adventures.

I kept an F at Eagle Creek for 14 years in the Airport authority owned hangars. The Hangars were excellent, rent was very reasonable and the airport is easily accessible for the Zionsville area. While it might not be as close as Dan Montgomery's ops at Indy exec to you, it wouldn't hurt to touch base with Kent Ebbing (who was in charge of the Airport authorities hangars but may have moved on) and get your name in on a waiting list there as well as at Indy exec. Additionally, Matt Hagans who runs the FBO at Eagle Creek has some funky hangars on the east side of the field if they havent rusted out yet. :) 

Congrats on your new to you F. Learn how to fly it properly and she will serve you well. The best load hauler of the fleet.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 7:45 PM, JimB said:

Jim

Where is your plane currently located?