Bladder leak sometimes?

Joe Larussa

I have bladders in my 201 that leak every now and then. Seems to be leaking in the right center compartment. Happens about once a year then goes away. Noticed it again today after the plane sitting for two weeks. Prior to that because of bad weather it sat for a month and no leak. Any ideas?

Hi,  I am brand new to this forum.  I am having a pre buy on a 1995 Ovation as we speak.  Speaking of fuel bladders: the Ovation had 1 of the fuel bladders repaired a few years ago. 

How common is having just one fuel bladder repaired/ resealed?  Should this be a red flag?   How costly is having the bladder repaired? 

I hope jumping on to this thread is appropriate. Similar topic?

Sam

17 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

No bladders on Ovations. However, small tank leaks and patch jobs are somewhat common.

Unless an owner put them in whe  the tanks leaked . . . .

Note to the new:  resealing tanks vs. installing bladders is almkst a religious war here, right behind LOP vs. ROP znd massive plugs vs. fine wires. I stripped and resealed my tanks, and fly nicely and troublefree ROP with massive plugs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have bladders in my 201 that leak every now and then. Seems to be leaking in the right center compartment. Happens about once a year then goes away. Noticed it again today after the plane sitting for two weeks. Prior to that because of bad weather it sat for a month and no leak. Any ideas?

Joe - it might be the interconnects between the bladders. They are mechanical fittings and possibly could loosen up. I would have your mechanic look at those areas. If it were a bladder leak, I would expect the leak to be continuous with fuel in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Marauder said:

Joe - it might be the interconnects between the bladders. They are a mechanical fittings and possibly could loosen up. I would have your mechanic look at those areas. If it were a bladder leak, I would expect the leak to be continuous with fuel in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s what I’m thinking. Usually only happens when I fill up and it’s sits for a week or two.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, Hank said:

Unless an owner put them in whe  the tanks leaked . . . .

Note to the new:  resealing tanks vs. installing bladders is almkst a religious war here, right behind LOP vs. ROP znd massive plugs vs. fine wires. I stripped and resealed my tanks, and fly nicely and troublefree ROP with massive plugs.

You forgot the for and against touch and go's

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2019 at 5:11 PM, Joe Larussa said:

bladders... leak every now and then

Leaky bladder is a sign of Urinary Incontinence.  It’s loss of bladder control, and ranges from a slight loss of urine after sneezing, coughing, or laughing to complete inability to control urination. It’s more common in women. Is your Mooney a boy or girl? 

Edited by m20kmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, m20kmooney said:

Leaky bladder is a sign of Urinary Incontinence.  It’s loss of bladder control, and ranges from a slight loss of urine after sneezing, coughing, or laughing to complete inability to control urination. It’s more common in women. Is your Mooney a boy or girl? 

Ha! It’s all boy!

18 hours ago, m20kmooney said:

You beat me to it. :)

On 2/23/2019 at 5:18 PM, Sam Muncy said:

Hi,  I am brand new to this forum.  I am having a pre buy on a 1995 Ovation as we speak.  Speaking of fuel bladders: the Ovation had 1 of the fuel bladders repaired a few years ago. 

How common is having just one fuel bladder repaired/ resealed?  Should this be a red flag?   How costly is having the bladder repaired? 

I hope jumping on to this thread is appropriate. Similar topic?

Sam

Welcome to the forum. Please post a hello on the main board and tell us about yourself. 

• 1 month later...

Breakthrough solution for leaky bladders! 

8BB25A58-E646-4EE9-A9F3-074B13834E18.thumb.jpeg.d7ee6c905ba5e76912d0efded4357672.jpeg

This powerful blend has been shown to decrease leaks by an incredible 79% and is backed by over 35 clinical studies!

Best to use one capsule at each fueling. Save your Mooney the embarrassment that goes with loss of bladder control at the most inopportune moments! 

Use Bladder Brake! Special new formulation will not interfere with speed brakes!

Edited by m20kmooney