Advice for installing LED Wing Tip lights in europe

Hello

I like to install LED stobes on my M20J MSE 24V supply. I have seen Wheelen Orion 6502 and like to know if there is a STC available ? Also anybody who has installed LED wing Stobes in Europe and has EASA approval. I am based in France

Thanks in advance for the help

Philip

Edited by Philip France 13

Here in the US folks are installing them as a minor modification which is pretty easy to do since these are direct replacements for many of the Mooneys if you have their Whelen strobe's on their now (with a 24V powered Mooney you most likely do). We probably won't see Whelen add the J to their STC AML based on what they have said so far.

Edited by kortopates

When installation is done you will have one slight problem on 14volt m20j....GEAR DOWN LIGHT WILL NOT BE BRIGHT DURING DAYLITE....old circuit from nav lite returned voltage when they were turned on...dimming GEAR DOWN LIGHT....HAS NOTING TO DO WITH THE GEAR SYSTEM AMEN.....

If the J is like my K, the specified bulb is a 28 volt bulb. Some have theorized, they did that to keep it from being too bright at night. But my hangar elf changed mine to a 14v bulb, and it works fine. I can actually see it now.

If the J is like my K, the specified bulb is a 28 volt bulb. Some have theorized, they did that to keep it from being too bright at night. But my hangar elf changed mine to a 14v bulb, and it works fine. I can actually see it now.

Not really. The correct bulb matches your buss voltage. So yours is 12v and mine is 24v. But when you turn on your Nav lights it dims the bulb on the floor and in the Annunciator (for nighttime). It works great as long as you don’t turn on your Nav lights during day time as mentioned in your POH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk