Mooney crash - not a crash thread

Yetti

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Oddity of a Missile or Rocket... during a power outage... the prop feathers...

Missiles and Rockets use the K’s extended cowl.

@mike_elliott landing accident, NO injuries, see News article above for additional minimal details...

Just sharing the news...

Best regards,

-a-

Actually, it’s in the event of oil pressure loss, not power outage.  The former does usually precede the latter, but an engine will run for a bit without oil pressure. There are circumstances, mostly close to the ground, when the traditional behavior would be preferable. 

-de

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dan208 said:

The spar in the wing must be very impressive.  I am happy to see the tip all mangled and many feet of wing still attached and there . I watched a documentary on Lear jets and their history.  Watching them build the wing was cool , way over built. 5 or 6 spars if memory serves. 1 piece complete then attached to the fuselage. 

I would love to see how an acclaim is assembled , stamped , riveted,  ect.

Come visit us in Texas. It's an easy hop over to Kerrville to see the factory. The jig where the wing is put together is quite impressive. The wing is built as a single piece end to end and then mated to the fuselage later in the process.

27 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Come visit us in Texas. It's an easy hop over to Kerrville to see the factory. The jig where the wing is put together is quite impressive. The wing is built as a single piece end to end and then mated to the fuselage later in the process.

I would love to see that . My wife's grandmother lives in San Antonio,  I plan on getting to Texas on a regular basis . Once I dont have to ride on the SWA bus with everyone else that is. 

I have been looking at Jimmy's emails , I could see myself buying from All American.  And of course we will want to do Annuals in Texas .  Awesome State!!!

On 2/24/2019 at 8:02 PM, gsxrpilot said:

I have been to Kerv and it is indeed worth it... Really cool seeing how these planes are built... You cannot appreciate how big the wing actually is until you see it sitting vertical.   The most crazy part to me was the large molten salt vats!  That and the huge press.

I will probably go again when I get the Rocket.