JPI 900 fuel level display

slowflyin

I have a JPI 900 with CEIS senders (two per tank) on my Bravo.  The display shows fuel level but does not specify fuel remaining.  Please see pic.   I've noticed the JPI website has the 900 displaying fuel used in the fuel level indicator.   Seems like I've seen the same display on some users panel pics.   Can anyone explain?file-3.thumb.jpeg.7ca262dff3f942b44a6675be0e1bcc3f.jpeg

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, Bryan said:

I wonder if it’s a display issue because of the portrait mode. I have seen different data based on orientation. I would still think the scrolling / alternating might give you some summary info.

Some parameters of the display are user selectable.  

55 minutes ago, Marauder said:

It is a configuration change that you can set. There is a question whether you want the value to be digital. I’ll be at the airport a little later and can take a couple of pictures of what needs to be changed.

Your talking about this?

d1941fa090ef6f4c0b213775f126377d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, please advise.   Thanks!

6 minutes ago, slowflyin said:

Thanks for all the help.  I had assumed it was one of the dealer setup items.  Never even considered it was an end user item.  Thanks again!

Congratulations on getting an engine monitor on N64HK! The previous owner and I had a conversation about that once and he thought engine monitors were complete unnecessary.That was the only M20M that I've ever seen without one - there must be others though. What all did it take (parts, fuel senders and labor) to do the JPI EDM-900? Down the road I'd like to replace my JPI and factory instrumentation with a 900.

Thanks for all the help.  I had assumed it was one of the dealer setup items.  Never even considered it was an end user item.  Thanks again!

Got to thank you. I have posted a few technical videos on my YouTube channel and setting up a JPI is one I should cover.

Making the short video for you also pointed out an issue I discovered with the new JPI firmware. In the past, I was able to put 6 rows of analog data on the display. Now it will only show 5 despite being able to set 6 in the firmware.

8f4bd9ee98b447dd847656f7ba13b2e0.jpg

1448bc380fb97bb57b3ed1af5fc272f3.jpg

14 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Got to thank you. I have posted a few technical videos on my YouTube channel and setting up a JPI is one I should cover.

Making the short video for you also pointed out an issue I discovered with the new JPI firmware. In the past, I was able to put 6 rows of analog data on the display. Now it will only show 5 despite being able to set 6 in the firmware.

8f4bd9ee98b447dd847656f7ba13b2e0.jpg

1448bc380fb97bb57b3ed1af5fc272f3.jpg

I’ll check it out.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

Got it 

There a few on the Aspens, one on the PS Engineering 450 and a few short ones in GTN and JPI issues I encountered. Will create one for the JPI configuration and update the Aspens to show the ADS-B In stuff as well as one for the L-3 Lynx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you figure out how to display hobbs or tach on the main screen , pls do one on that.

Tom