TSIO-360 Fuel Pump

WilliamR

At annual we discovered the fuel pump on my TSIO-360-MB is leaking from the shaft.  I'm a little disappointed in myself that I may have missed this when completing my last oil change as staining was found.  I understand this is common and obviously needs to be corrected.  We were only able to find one place in OK that would overhaul said fuel pump for about $950.  The promised turn around time was good. 

Other TSIO-360 owners, what has been your experience having the pump overhauled?  Where did you have it done?  What did it cost you?  Any recommendations are appreciated.  

Note, this is a fuel pump on a  Conti TSIO-360 engine.  So, the pump is not a Weldon or Dukes like that used on the popular Lycoming 360s.

Alternatively, we looked to buy an overhauled pump with no luck.

Thanks in advance

William

16 minutes ago, WilliamR said:

At annual we discovered the fuel pump on my TSIO-360-MB is leaking from the shaft.  I'm a little disappointed in myself that I may have missed this when completing my last oil change as staining was found.  I understand this is common and obviously needs to be corrected.  We were only able to find one place in OK that would overhaul said fuel pump for about $950.  The promised turn around time was good. 

Other TSIO-360 owners, what has been your experience having the pump overhauled?  Where did you have it done?  What did it cost you?  Any recommendations are appreciated.  

Note, this is a fuel pump on a  Conti TSIO-360 engine.  So, the pump is not a Weldon or Dukes like that used on the popular Lycoming 360s.

Alternatively, we looked to buy an overhauled pump with no luck.

Thanks in advance

William

You totally lost me, in the first paragraph you imply the engine driven Continental fuel pump. but then below you say "Note, this is a fuel pump on a  Conti TSIO-360 engine.  So, the pump is not a Weldon or Dukes like that used on the popular Lycoming 360s." This latter reference is too the electrical boost pump made by Weldon and Dukes which is also on your aircraft. So which pump is it - electric boost pump or TCM Engine mechanical pump?

If its the TCM engine pump, the $950 price is reasonable for an OH. But I would highly recommend using Aircraft accessories in OK.    Not to be confused with Quality Aircraft accessories in OK.   If yours still doesn't have the steel mixture lever (a SB change) I highly recommend paying  the extra ~ $130 to comply with the SB to replace your old brass one.

• Thanks 1

Paul, sorry. You're right, I should have been clearer.  I really butchered my thought in the 2nd paragraph. 

The pump in question is the TCM Engine mechanical pump. 

Thanks for the direction on AA versus QAA. 

I will also make sure about compliance with the SB.  I think it was done already, but will double check and correct if necessary.

Best,

William

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

AA of Oklahoma overhauled it.  Looking back in my records, the cost was $850 and shop labor to remove and replace was 3 hours including fuel pressure/flow setup.  I seem to remember it was turned around in about a week, two at the most.  No problems since.

Aircraft Accessories of Oklahoma, Inc.

2740 North Sheridan Road

Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115

800-255-9924

William