Defroster doesn’t work?

11 minutes ago, carusoam said:

There are a few of those hoses all the way back to the seats in the back...

Buy enough to change out the 9 yards...

Go upscale material so you only have to do it once... orangey silicone?

Best regards,

-a-

Hmm, I’ll have to check that out. I haven’t seen any hoses to the back?  It’s on the jacks now with all the interior and exterior panels off, where are they routed?

If I could get heat to the backseat my wife would be very happy!

I’m replacing everything with orange sceet, those go on sooo nice.

My ducting looked very similar. Go through it all, you'll be glad to did.

The SCEET tubing (orange, double wall) is a worthwhile upgrade... bit more $$ per foot than SCAT (orange, single-wall) but it will carry the heat better, and goes on easier.

The hoses to the back on mine (66E) start at the junction box in each front seat footwell, and go behind the side panels, emerging at the rear seat passengers' feet.

Its not a perfect system... if you open the front seat footwell vents, you're robbing some air to the back. But my back vents barely worked in any case, and now after replacing the tubing I can direct a lot of air and heat back there if I want to.

Edited by Immelman

Each hose runs from the box in front of the co pilot... one hose goes to the pilot and then along the sidewall to the rear passenger...

another hose traverses back to the copilot passenger... there are small one inch openings in the fabric side walls...

The original tubes were too small in diameter to deliver much air...

Best regards,

-a-

6 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Each hose runs from the box in front of the co pilot... one hose goes to the pilot and then along the sidewalk to the rear passenger...

another hose traverses back to the copilot passenger... there are small one inch opening in the fabric side walls...

The original tubes were too small in diameter to deliver much air...

Best regards,

-a-

I have none of that business going to the back.  This is a 67 F, maybe that’s on the later models? 

EDD330D0-61D5-462B-B884-C4E3A47CF285.png

• Like 1

Mine was a 65C...

starting with the old version of the heater mixing box... one slide gate for hot air, the other slide gate for outside air...

the 68 and later in the drawing above... has a round rotating valve in place of the slide gates... the slide gates would stick before the annual came due.... the round valve needs its piece of rubber swapped out each decade....

One hose came out of the mixing box and went to the co pilots knees... distribution started from there...the copilot got a gate  to let some or all the air pressure escape.... on my system the gate was partly broken, pre-MS... I didn’t know Jerry until my last days of M20C ownership....

It probably takes an HVAC technician to set this system up correctly or the co pilot gets all the heat... :)

note on the old hoses... the spring that kept the hose from collapsing, rusted out in about a year or two... 40 years later...the iron ore was just a pile in the bottom somewhere...the hose is a fabric sleeve coated in some form of rubber like a 1960’s tire... it probably disintegrates if you look at it funny...

While you have the sidewalls out... Now is the time to run new hose.... and USB ports? :) 

Best regards,

-a-

Well, I guess the Executive 21 didn’t  get rear heat ducts.  Heat is over rated anyways. At least I don’t need 27’ of sceet, now I can make do with 6’ (@ $7/ft)!  

It’s 1.25” ID (-5) if anyone is looking for it in the future.

Looks like that rear heat feature was on earlier models, 65-66  C, D & E

3E112846-692D-4505-947B-B6931036A588.thumb.jpeg.fc57715ed83bd8fb40628876353701df.jpeg

#3 was the gate that was broken on mine...

16 and 23 ran towards the back... and need to be a size or two larger....

I don’t remember 18 and 19...  those might be the supply lines to the windshield...(?)

See if you can find what an Ovation has for plumbing...

The only thing that has probably changed is an electric fan to boost the air going to the windshield...

PP thoughts only... not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, Shiny moose said:

Those are my defroster ducts !!!!   When you route that to the back seat on your 67F let me know show many feet, how you route it! No heat in my back seat also 

No way, I’m going to get her a blanket! Way cheaper and easier than modifying the system and running all that sceet hose!

9 hours ago, Culver LFA said:

No way, I’m going to get her a blanket! Way cheaper and easier than modifying the system and running all that sceet hose!

I run a 2.5 scat from front vent, between the seats into back seat. Works well to get the heat back there, need to remove before gear goes down