Financial Pieces University

David_H

Not A Real Call Transcript:

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Caller #1, welcome to the Dave-Not-Ramsey Show. How are you.

Caller #1: Doing well Dave, how are you?

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Better than I deserve to be. How Can I help?

Caller #1: I have an older Garmin XL300. Should I upgrade to the GNS 430, GTN 650, or maybe a GTN 750?

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Help me understand why you need to upgrade.

Caller #1: Because Marauder keeps posting pictures of his panel. I think it could be the reason he's getting all of those ladies.

Dave-Not-Ramsey: That makes sense. However, you'll also need to also add an IFD550 next to the GTN750 if you really want to be in the cool club. Are you paying with a credit card?

Caller #1: Maybe. Is that an issue?

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Only if you Max it out.

Caller #1: What if I do?

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Then you'll need to apply for another card quickly before moving on to baby step #2

Caller #1: Which is?

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Have you seen how many people Bob Belleville's can fit into his E?

Caller #1: Yes.

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Have you seen his paint?

Caller #1: Yes, it's very nice. What does that have to do with how many people are in the plane?

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Paint attracts passengers.

Caller #1: He posted those before the paint.

Dave-Not-Ramsey: Spend the money, planes are great investment vehicles... next caller.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

It would almost be worth the wait to get on his show for a confession and to dump your story of arduous financial struggles with aircraft ownership. I don’t agree with everything he says but he seems to get a certain type of person on the right track and down the right road.

I took almost a 50% cut in pay last year for 10,000% more sanity and quality of life so I am planning on re-applying for CB club membership. It certainly makes me struggle with my Mooney ownership upgrade dreams. “It will take 19 overtime shifts to pay for...”

I’m glad I paid cash for my aircraft and upgrades which makes it seem more affordable to maintain. Annual only cost 1.56 AMU this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

It would almost be worth the wait to get on his show for a confession and to dump your story of arduous financial struggles with aircraft ownership. I don’t agree with everything he says but he seems to get a certain type of person on the right track and down the right road.

I took almost a 50% cut in pay last year for 10,000% more sanity and quality of life so I am planning on re-applying for CB club membership. It certainly makes me struggle with my Mooney ownership upgrade dreams. “It will take 19 overtime shifts to pay for...”

I’m glad I paid cash for my aircraft and upgrades which makes it seem more affordable to maintain. Annual only cost 1.56 AMU this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of an old adage that an elderly pilot shared with me: "You will find that you have all the money in the world and no time to fly or all the time in the world and no money to fly". Hopefully once I am retired a fall into the "I have all the money and time to fly" category.

6 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Reminds me of an old adage that an elderly pilot shared with me: "You will find that you have all the money in the world and no time to fly or all the time in the world and no money to fly". Hopefully once I am retired a fall into the "I have all the money and time to fly" category.

We've all seen pictures of your panel.  You already spent all of your money.

• Like 1