N755FM

Just wanna say a couple things about a fellow Mooney driver. Something I have witnessed with a couple other Mooney drivers in the past.  Except this time it was Me an My Family in need.

So this last Saturday my family an I took a quick 52min trip from DRP to MEZ to accompany the in-laws at looking at some houses in the area( relocating from Dallas Area). All went well, had a great time with them an seen some nice properties. Sunday rolls around for the departure home an we make our way to the airport around 2pm for the trip home.

We load the Rocket up Strap in an prepare to light the fire. It was a cold night an a cool day so I hit the ol girl with 10-15 seconds of low boost then turned the prop.

She popped an caughed a little bit, but clearly wanted more blue coolaid. Turned the switch off an prepared to prime some more but the starter was still turning the propeller.

Master OFF stopped it!!!!!

Master ON engine turns over!!!!

Called my A/P an he said I needed to peck on the relays lightly inside the Battery compartment. Thought one maybe hung up.

Doing so then walking around sticking my hand in the side window flip the master on/off to verify if I was getting anywhere with this. I wasn’t.

The last shot at this ended with me flipping the master On then Off agin with the props still turning for awhile with master off, Starter fully engaged an cranking!!! Bout needed some new Huggies after that.

During Conversion with my A/P bout this, he had mentioned Bryan had an issue with a Relay(s) at some point in the resent past, May wanna give him a call, So I did. Just to pick his brain.

We talked about my issue for a couple Minutes, Then he offers to come give me an my family a ride home. Now this is Sunday Folks when most guys like me are in the process of making sure nobody steels the recliner. Not this guy. Like a warrior he herd a Mooney was down(broken), an he was willing to throw out a lifeline to some folks in need.

Bout 40-50 minutes after we talked 755FM rolled on at Mena to scoop us up.

Flew us our Luggage an a football home while giving me a hour of solid instruction on the Ins/Outs of the GTN750( Impressive black Box to say the least). We get to my home airport right at dark.

Tried to put some Gas in his Encore, but the fuel pump card readers screen was unreadable. So he went Home with No Gas, No Compensation of any kind!! He wouldn’t even Consider it. 

The Selflessness of one, made the day for three much less stressful. That’s something I have witnessed on a few other occasions with people in this community, an it’s something that will not be soon forgotten. Bryan is a hell of a Guy.

This is a great Brotherhood to be a part off!!!

Edited by Cody Stallings
Fat Fingers
  • Like 29

1 hour ago, rbridges said:

I would have done the same for you, except with my C model, you'd have to pick your two favorite family members for me to take home.  The rest of you would have to watch.  

Appreciate that. I seriously considered just having him take my Family home, I wanted to stay with the ship an try to get if fixed next day.

But considering the parts had to be shipped in I wouldn’t have been able to do much.

Yep, @Bryan is just that kinda guy. Your little request would have been a piece of cake. He didn't even have to leave the state. He's delivered broke down Mooney drivers all the way to Austin before.

You're also correct that this little community is full of people like this. 

29 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Yep, @Bryan is just that kinda guy. Your little request would have been a piece of cake. He didn't even have to leave the state. He's delivered broke down Mooney drivers all the way to Austin before.

You're also correct that this little community is full of people like this. 

Hell of a Guy

• Like 1