Mooney Emergency Landing with Gear Up at KVNY

sdflysurf

On 2/21/2019 at 12:47 PM, bonal said:

Seems very rare that we have very many gear ups within our members. Perhaps because its discussed so much it's on the front of all our procedures.

Sorry to disappoint. I think that only thing that worked for me was flying with pedantic... er... dilligent CFIs. For example, keeping the hand on the switch between the callouts "gear down", "gear is down, green" is something that didn't occur to me. Also, I wasn't focused enough to make myself to make redundant verifications.

On 2/21/2019 at 11:54 PM, N9201A said:

I got that line too and shopped harder, next quote received was lower than last year’s premium.

Same here. I was with Avemco for years, and they were competitive, but with this Mooney thing it was a promise to reduce the premium next time, then billing the same beginner premium again. After 2 years in a row and 150 hours, I decided it was enough and started shopping around. Should have done it right from the start.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, bonal said:

Seems very rare that we have very many gear ups within our members. Perhaps because its discussed so much it's on the front of all our procedures.

I'm with @bonal on this one.  There is a direct correlation between pilots who participate in things like Wings programs, IMC clubs, regular recurrent training, etc. and fewer accidents.

One of the reasons I've heard discussed is that people who are conscientious enough to participate in those programs (or discussions on Mooneyspace) are often more conscientious about flying in general.

• Like 2