Darned Swiss Watch

aviatoreb

On 2/18/2019 at 9:08 AM, aviatoreb said:

And I explained the manner of language in which I misspoke.  So explaining how when I explained my misspeak I was misspeaking my explanation of my misspeak is technically incorrect and false precision.  Since a misspeak is by its definition a misspeak.

Ouch your making my head hurt trying to follow all that

29 minutes ago, thinwing said:

Ouch your making my head hurt trying to follow all that

:-)  I know - its kind of a funny logical funny (to me at least) mumbo jumbo I do sometimes.  I can do that mumbo jumbo in quite longer runs too.  Think of it as nutty poetry for mathematician sorts.  It plays well at wine tasting parties for academics.  Like intellectual rapping.  Put it to a beat.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, aviatoreb said:

So one way or another I am going to get this KI256 fixed.  I will talk to him before I send it in to chat IRAN vs OH.

A proper OH, as Bob Bramble does, will cost you ~$2K. If you go that route you may want  to consider spending just a little more and replace the vacuum pump. Then you’ll be set for a long time. I’d trust that in imc more than any glass. Certainly a lot more than an Aspen for sure.

Edited by m20kmooney

1 hour ago, m20kmooney said:

A proper OH, as Bob Bramble does, will cost you ~$2K. If you go that route you may want  to consider spending just a little more and replace the vacuum pump. Then you’ll be set for a long time. I’d trust that in imc more than any glass. Certainly a lot more than an Aspen for sure.

In fact I am going Bob Bramble - the units are coming out late this morning to hopefully go into today's mail.

I have plan to change my primary vacuum pump on my home-grown scheduled maintenance sometime mid this summer.  I also have an electric backup vacuum.

Thanks for the thought!

Edited by aviatoreb

44 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

go onto youtube Matey and watch a few episodes of "Yes Minister" and you will see where he learnt it form  :).  Maggie Thatcher said it was the closest example she had ever seen of how our Civil Servants work.  Great British humour.

And now for something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, m20kmooney said:

I prefer to look at this as I described. My approach works for me. 

. .  . which is making inflammatory remarks about things you know nothing about. I prefer to listen to people who've actually used to products they are commenting on. That approach works well for me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

I prefer to listen to people who've actually used to products they are commenting on. 

And that is the difference. You see, I don’t blindly listen to and follow others! But say, hypothetically, were I to listen to others, and don’t take this the wrong way and get more bent out of shape, I wouldn’t listen to you! I’d do exactly the opposite! 

1 minute ago, m20kmooney said:

And that is the difference. You see, I don’t blindly listen to and follow others! But say, hypothetically, were I to listen to others, and don’t take this the wrong way and get more bent out of shape, I wouldn’t listen to you! I’d do exactly the opposite! 

Which now makes me feel much better about my decision making ability.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, tmo said:

I understand the unit actually has a GAD43 equivalent built-in...

Yes and just heard from a reliable source that in the dealer webinar yesterday they specifically mentioned that it will replace a KI-256.

UPDATE: It’s official!

64D2F6E1-798B-421D-9937-95F0BEC3AF91.thumb.jpeg.e85f68fe0e64ad29f2bdb3b0a31bc2d2.jpeg

gi275_autopilot_compatibility.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

Yes and just heard from a reliable source that in the dealer webinar yesterday they specifically mentioned that it will replace a KI-256.

UPDATE: It’s official!

64D2F6E1-798B-421D-9937-95F0BEC3AF91.thumb.jpeg.e85f68fe0e64ad29f2bdb3b0a31bc2d2.jpeg

gi275_autopilot_compatibility.pdf 173.68 kB · 1 download

WOW - so you just buy these head units, no GAD boxes?  I bet that will dramatically simplify install and so reduce install cost?

Hmmmm.... if all that is true I may well get one or two of these little babies at next annual in May.

E