Update: Me & N201DY

Alexm

Hello all, Alex here with the latest happenings. So I'm in Florida & completed training with Mike Elliott. A truly great experience with a top notch instructor & very fine human being. I can not say enough good things about Mike & his style of instructing. His schedule is quite busy but well worth the wait. We spent 3 days transitioning into the plane about 13-15 hours plus 20 plus t/o & landings. I as a low time pilot gained valuable skills/knowledge from Mike. A heart felt thank you Sir. Currently the plane is in the talented hands of Phil J at PJ Aviation for a good once over & fix minor squawks discovered. I've been in Florida since 29th of Jan. & since the NH weather is arctic like will hang here till March being I'm newly retired! Awesome feeling I might add. I'd also like to say thanks to all on MooneySpace that advised me to seek out Mike & Phil. Here some pics of the last few weeks. 

20190130_094638.jpg

20190201_123653.jpg

IMG_20190202_145858_443.jpg

20190205_094044.jpg

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Davidv said:

Great looking plane! Inside and out!

I also just did some training with Mike and echo your thoughts. Where in Florida are you?

You guys are too kind! I might have to go buy a larger hat now, if they make them any bigger :) It was a pleasure to fly with you both. You guys have great planes and will be great stewards of them.

• Like 2

having so many awesome vintage planes within our group is simply amazing. Brand M is in great hands, the establishment of Mooneyspace is one of the best things to happen to our brand if not the best. Witnessing the restoration of planes, updated avionics and the establishment of the Summit could all be aimed at Mooneyspace, it’s our duty to notify every Mooney driver about Mooneyspace.

• Like 5

SuperCop,

You make retirement look like a great alternative!

The M20E is already known as a great retirement plane, but it is great to see multiples of that proof!

Thanks for sharing so many details.  Your bird is fabulous inside and out!

+1 for Mike and Phil...

Where is Super Harley?

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, steingar said:

Never saw so much glass outside a greenhouse. Congrats on the new ride, looks sweet. Wouldn’t get too hung up on Florida, I hear it full of old people.

Thank you. It certainly has all the best glass avionics. Gonna do a few things as per Mr. Elliott's suggestions. Yes Florida is nice & all but home is up in NH.  The old folks here don't even use the air conditioning & that's a no go for a Northerner like me.

I love Florida. It has a certain anything goes atmosphere that has always appealed to me. If you don’t bother me I won’t bother you.  The 2nd Amendment is respected. When I am at our place in St Augustine I feel I am amongst my peeps.

I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Mike but Phil did my last annual and he is top notch.

• Like 1