REQUESTING A. Whited Field PIREP

anthonydesmet

Heading to St Pete next Friday and Saturday and looking for a PIREP for Whitted field.  Nothing in the comment section of ForeFlight and did a quick search here but nothing recent so just asking about tie downs, service quality and anything I might need to know before I call.  Thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anthonydesmet said:

Heading to St Pete next Friday and Saturday and looking for a PIREP for Whitted field.  Nothing in the comment section of ForeFlight and did a quick search here but nothing recent so just asking about tie downs, service quality and anything I might need to know before I call.  Thanks!

Oops, disregard, comment section for FBO finally kicked in and are pretty recent. $12 RON and good service it looks like but if anyone else has anything to add, please do.

Field is usually quite busy between flight training, club activity and The Hangar restaurant located on the second floor of the terminal building. The restaurant and location generates a fair amount of traffic. The Dali Museum is walking distance away.

The ground crew at the terminal is usually on top of things. The controllers are good too. 

The approach to Runway 7 is scenic and over buildings. You don’t want to be hot and high. A fun airport to visit!

I flew in there recently and found it to be a great little airport. As BKlott mentioned, the Hangar restaurant is in the terminal and is great, especially if you get a seat outside overlooking the runway. It's served by Sheltair and they charge a $10 ramp fee just for parking. As mentioned, the airport is steps away from the Dali museum and a marina,  as well as a park which runs along the fence of the airport. I highly recommend this airport if needing to be downtown.

On 2/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, anthonydesmet said:

It’s great field. I was there today. Parking was packed and they have already closed a taxiway to install bleachers for the st pete Grand Prix. Definetly call ahead and secure parking. Also watch for sailboat on short final.

2C481208-BDE5-47B5-A7D5-D459FCFD1AE6.jpeg

462B9431-79C7-4D30-A220-9A8464220A6D.jpeg

• Like 1