How many hides

bradp

Local leather hide shop is having a sale in the month of February.  I think I'm going to buy hides for interior project.

For anyone who's recently done a project, how many hides for the interior? 

I was thinking 2-3 would do with a half hide available for perforated center panels. 

@Kyle Koukol do you remember how many you used?

@Rmag Dan do you remember how many sheets of Dax you used for your mooney interior?

Thanks,

Brad

1 hour ago, steingar said:

Leather upholstery, and you guys do it.  Color me deeply impressed.  I can't even hem a pair of pants.

Find Peter...  @PTK

He has pics of some of his leather skills...

There is another MSer that made some other trinkets out of leather to match....

Skills of some MSers are deep and varied...

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

I literally put it in the title....   I redid the lower panels and all the baggage compartment in leather along with the seats.

Depends on the size of the animal. If they are animals that @Marauder hangs around with you may only need 1/4 or 1/2 of a hide.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Marauder said:

He's still sitting outside of the Bendix King warehouse.

He might as well sit outside of JPI. Bendix King has now re-named JPI engine monitors with their name.

508209048_ScreenShot2019-02-14at5_57_57PM.thumb.png.96412805b9988b537dfa9648319c67a5.png

447279048_ScreenShot2019-02-14at5_57_34PM.thumb.png.4641042323377f623fa322490db931ba.png

They are desperate to have a product to sell to General Aviation.

PS Engineering makes their audio panels.

Sandia is working on the KI300.

JPI makes their engine monitors.

They should just walk across the street and make a deal with Garmin.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

They are desperate to have a product to sell to General Aviation.

I am not totally sure. I think they are just really good at photoshop’ing their logo on others products. How long have we been waiting on the Ki300 and Aerocruise?

Depends on hide size.  I used about 4 hides that were about 40sqft.  One of the hides was perforated.  But, I did all walls and headliner and wrapped plastic.   I still have some for yokes and other things if I ever get around to it.  

I got away with doing a bonanza with two and a half 55sqft hides and a half hide perforated.