Vacuum failure

Alfredo

6 minutes ago, Dream to fly said:

I was trying to remove the tap that the hose connects to.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

On the intake runner?  It is usually clamped on with a funky double sided tape gasket between the fitting and the pipe.   The gasket has probably hardened to concrete consistency over the years making the two parts one, you can break them apart but you probably wont be excited to see what is hidden underneath.  The pipe has to be 'flattened' to match the fitting plate, it's probably not pretty.

On the intake runner?  It is usually clamped on with a funky double sided tape gasket between the fitting and the pipe.   The gasket has probably hardened to concrete consistency over the years making the two parts one, you can break them apart but you probably wont be excited to see what is hidden underneath.  The pipe has to be 'flattened' to match the fitting plate, it's probably not pretty.
Yeah i can imagine. So where does one get a manifold runner? I need the second one back on the pilot side.

3 minutes ago, Dream to fly said:

Yeah i can imagine. So where does one get a manifold runner? I need the second one back on the pilot side.

There is always ebay.

Good thing about a Mooney firewall forward is that you will never see the dent, there is no room.  Weld the hole shut, prime/paint and then put the Adel clamp for the starter lead where the dent is :-)

On 2/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, toto said:

+1

I'll do the AV-20 about 20 seconds after it's certified to replace my factory clock. 

I installed it because according to the attached letter referenced as: 100S-13-31, from the FAA, replacement of a simple clock in non-transport category airplane is considered a minor modification.   It was deemed that way for a Davtron clock, and for the FDS GT-50 clock provided that the extra functionality does not replace original instruments.   I cannot imagine that the AV-20 wouldn't fall in the same classification.  None of the non-clock functions in the AV-20 replace required instrumentation in my C.  It's just a clock and has a representation of seconds.   It meets the requirements of GRABCARD as it is permanently affixed to the aircraft, behind the panel.

100S-13-31.pdf

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fred₂O said:

I installed it because according to the attached letter referenced as: 100S-13-31, from the FAA, replacement of a simple clock in non-transport category airplane is considered a minor modification.   It was deemed that way for a Davtron clock, and for the FDS GT-50 clock provided that the extra functionality does not replace original instruments.   I cannot imagine that the AV-20 wouldn't fall in the same classification.  None of the non-clock functions in the AV-20 replace required instrumentation in my C.  It's just a clock and has a representation of seconds.   It meets the requirements of GRABCARD as it is permanently affixed to the aircraft, behind the panel.

100S-13-31.pdf

Did you do the AV-20S or the base AV-20? What was the install time? Any pushback from your shop?

4 hours ago, toto said:

Did you do the AV-20S or the base AV-20? What was the install time? Any pushback from your shop?

I have the AV-20S.   We did the install during the previous annual.  The install took about 6 hours each for my A&P and myself, plus a couple hours from my wife who is really good at pulling wires.  We installed it next to the airspeed indicator, so we just teed off the pitot and static lines that were going there.   My A&P agrees that swapping out a clock is a minor modification.   I really like it.  Mostly I use the time functions, secondly the real time TAS indication is nice to have.   It agrees with the calculated value from the GNS430W within 1 to 2 knots.  Knowing that there is a backup attitude indicator there is great.  I've been unable to get the probeless AoA thing working yet, but that is probably the last thing I care about anyway.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 2:08 PM, Jerry 5TJ said:

I have 4 AHRS systems, two on their own battery backup.  

Count yourself lucky.  Many G1000 equipped airframes have only a single AHRS gyro, Mooney among them.

Clarence