Mooney mechanics near Raleigh, NC

DingyHarry

We have a good MSC @ KMRN - @AGL Aviation, only one in the Carolinas.

There are at least 2 good avionics shop near you.

Twin Lakes Avionics @ 8A7 http://greeraerospace.com/ and

Sparkchasers @ KJNX http://www.flysparkchasers.com/.

Recommendations: I have had my '66E taken care of for 7 years at AGL and would highly recommend owner Lynn Mace.

I have had my avionics installed and updated by Twin Lakes for the same 7 years and recommend owner Robbie Greer as well. 

9 hours ago, DingyHarry said:

Does anyone have recommendations for Mooney mechanics near Raleigh, NC? Also an avionics shop near Raleigh, NC? Thank you!

I had my annual at @AGL Aviationthis year.  I can't recommend them highly enough. 

The two avionics shops @Bob_Belvillementioned are very busy, so you better get on their list if you have any immediate issues.  I tried to get my IFR cert with both of them.  They were both booked 6-8 weeks out.

• Like 1

I had my annual at [mention=14357]AGL Aviation[/mention]this year.  I can't recommend them highly enough. 
The two avionics shops [mention=8913]Bob_Belville[/mention]are very busy, so you better get on their list if you have any immediate issues.  I tried to get my IFR cert with both of them.  They were both booked 6-8 weeks out.

SparkChasers and Twin Lakes Avionics are the two avionics shops that we recommend regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11 hours ago, DingyHarry said:

Does anyone have recommendations for Mooney mechanics near Raleigh, NC? Also an avionics shop near Raleigh, NC? Thank you!

Check out Seahawk Aviation @ ILM. Boggs avionics at the same location.  A short flight from Raleigh. 

14 hours ago, daytonabch04 said:

Recommend @AGL Aviation as well.  Had a pre-buy and no major issues (so far).  Hassle free!

+1 - AGL is one of the best MSC's around. They also put back into the Mooney Community by supporting the Mooney Summit, a 501c3 charity dedicated to "bettering the breed" of the Mooney pilot and aiding downed Mooney pilot's families. Thanks Tamara, Lynn!

• Like 1

George Boggs at Seahawk Aviation told me he was going to fully retire on 12/31. He was working part time for about 18 months at Seahawk after he sold his shop to them. I’m not sure about the experience of the remaining avionics techs at Seahawk. 

I do like Sparkchasers but they are always busy. My cousin has his plane there now. He had a mid December appointment which the put off to mid January. 

You could try Powell at KFAY. Although I have never used them I do know people who have and like them. 

I use Oak Island Aviation at KSUT for all my maintenance. Kevin, the owner, is a former Cessna Engineer. He’s very thorough and very fair. A couple of times I actually questioned him because I felt he undercharged me. He probably maintains  20+ Mooney’s. Several I know I’ve come in from over 150 miles.