Finally I got my Mooney-76F

Hello all,

I've made just a couple posts recently but have been lurking, reading, and most of all learning on here for about a year. I just finished up my transition training in my 76F. Definitely a difference from 172s and Pa28s! 

A great flying plane with all the cool 201 mods, nice avionics 530w-gtx345 for my adsb, FlightStream 210 to incorporate the iPad of course, 830 engine monitor,  new engine(65hrs now), recent annual and clean bill of health during the prebuy from an MSC. I have some ideas for future mods--interior refresh and panel overlay would be nice. 

I try to fly pretty often having just completed my CSEL, I'm rolling into CFI now but the family and I like to find good places to eat! Looking forward to seeing more Mooney's as we travel around the South and with the speed of the Mooney who knows how far we will go for good seafood or BBQ. 

Cheers

Frank

Augusta Ga 

51D6F738-340B-42B3-BB5D-141A0C4BD22D.png

DE7A8AD1-ACDF-4889-B54F-7056FEC84BE7.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, neilpilot said:

I lived in Augusta for 5 years and understand why you’d need to travel for good bbq. Let me know if you want to sample Memphis bbq.  I can usually provide ground support.

I can attest to this. @neilpilot picked my wife and I up, along with our dog, when we stopped for fuel in Memphis. He took us into town for some excellent Memphis BBQ, as well as a quick look at some of the historic sights around town. An excellent host.

• Like 5

@neilpilot I'll take you up on that! Wife is a diehard NC bbq fan but I think she just needs some good Q! 

@Jim Peace you talking about Spruce Creek? We actually looked at houses in there about a year ago. Still haven't ruled it out...couple years until the boy graduates and we are going to move either to the lake in North Ga or down to FL.  Family is all In Palm Coast. 

1 hour ago, MooneyPoor said:

you talking about Spruce Creek? We actually looked at houses in there about a year ago. Still haven't ruled it out...couple years until the boy graduates and we are going to move either to the lake in North Ga or down to FL.  Family is all In Palm Coast. 

Yes Spruce creek and if family is in Palm coast it is a no brainer.....

3 hours ago, MooneyPoor said:

Hello all,

I've made just a couple posts recently but have been lurking, reading, and most of all learning on here for about a year. I just finished up my transition training in my 76F. Definitely a difference from 172s and Pa28s! 

A great flying plane with all the cool 201 mods, nice avionics 530w-gtx345 for my adsb, FlightStream 210 to incorporate the iPad of course, 830 engine monitor,  new engine(65hrs now), recent annual and clean bill of health during the prebuy from an MSC. I have some ideas for future mods--interior refresh and panel overlay would be nice. 

I try to fly pretty often having just completed my CSEL, I'm rolling into CFI now but the family and I like to find good places to eat! Looking forward to seeing more Mooney's as we travel around the South and with the speed of the Mooney who knows how far we will go for good seafood or BBQ. 

Cheers

Frank

Augusta Ga 

51D6F738-340B-42B3-BB5D-141A0C4BD22D.png

DE7A8AD1-ACDF-4889-B54F-7056FEC84BE7.png

Nice looking plane.  My wife and I fly into Daniel field occasionally to go to french market grill. Sconyers was always a treat when I was in school. 

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Welcome, almost-neighbor! Always good to have someone in the area.

I just missed the Cullman meet up so hopefully we can get a group together again soon. I did KEUF trip for my commeecial building. Cheap fuel and Sams kitchen can't hardly be beat!

2 hours ago, Wayne Cease said:

Fly down to St Simons (SSI). Southern Soul BBQ is just off the airport. Only a 5 min walk. Great BBQ! And just a short hop in a Mooney.

We are frequent flyers into FHB/SSI/BQK loads of good places to eat down that way! 

2 hours ago, rbridges said:

Nice looking plane.  My wife and I fly into Daniel field occasionally to go to french market grill. Sconyers was always a treat when I was in school. 

On man there quite a few good places these days. You come into town let us know!

• Like 1

I was based at DNL back in the late 80s, and still drop in about once a year to visit a friend I used to work with.  Unfortunately my wife can no longer manage Mooney entry, so 30 years of Mooney ownership ends this month.  I'm trying to find a suitable replacement, but it won't be a Mooney.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, neilpilot said:

my wife can no longer manage Mooney entry, trying to find a suitable replacement, but it won't be a Mooney.

I often thought that a Piper Lance with the club seating and the big cargo door would be perfect for that.  Just slide into almost any of the backseats. Club seating, cooler etc. Even easier than a Beech 36

19 minutes ago, neilpilot said:

I was based at DNL back in the late 80s, and still drop in about once a year to visit a friend I used to work with.  Unfortunately my wife can no longer manage Mooney entry, so 30 years of Mooney ownership ends this month.  I'm trying to find a suitable replacement, but it won't be a Mooney.

Sorry to hear that, Neil. Lots of people like the big doors on Cardinals, with no wing strut and the same engine as in Mooneys. Won't go quite as fast, though. They are available with fixed gear or retracts, to suit your needs.

Are ya'll gonna join us for the Summit this fall anyway?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hank said:

Are ya'll gonna join us for the Summit this fall anyway?

If I manage to get into another aircraft we may still get to go.  I partnered in fixed gear C177 and C182 way back in the early 70s.  My preferring list includes a B36, Lance, C182 and C210. None will get me somewhere as fast and/or cheaply as my M20C.