Replacement Door Seal

Marauder

2 hours ago, Dialed In said:

Well I guess I hope it doesn’t wreck my hinges. I bought the plane in 2017 and it had an inflatable seal in it installed in 1986. I don’t know what seal it was, it didn't look the same as the Bob Fields.  The door still fits well and the hinges do not look distorted.  I put 4 pumps of air in the seal and it sure is quite, the bulb does not get stiff maybe if you really pump it up I could see over time it would be hard on the door.  

The way you describe it, that’s a Bob Fields.   I wouldn’t worry about your door too much, like Lance said above, I’ve also never seen an issue with any Bob Fields installation after decades of use.

Gee-Bee makes good products, but at times he disparages his competitors while trying to sell more of his stuff.

• Like 1

Again, ask Jim Klug who repairs doors with forty years of experience of removing the seal to oem specs .
Bob Fields and current vendor do not mfg the seal .
I can only suggest what fits and what is oem on each model.
I stock and support 
Cessna single door and window , Pre 1973 and after
Piper Door and Baggage 
lancair / Cessna 400 
MU2 
TBM700 thru 930
Baron P58
M201 on up per shop sample 
We are asked to reproduce oem design to sample , upgrade to new spec material.
Please show me another vendor that has done the same for the owners or shops needs.
I rest my case on the subject.

You should rest your case. I never understood why a manufacturer would stoop to taking shots at another manufacturer’s instead of just promoting their own products. If your products are superior, owners will make that determination. You don’t think we talk amongst each other? Owners share their experiences with each about products and service on a regular basis. This far outweighs the negative smear campaigns any manufacturer makes against another.

Maybe it is time you stay behind the curtains in the R&D and manufacturing parts of your business and let real marketing & sales people promote your products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2