Pets at Altitude

skippyf16

I did a lot of research (what I could find on the internet), and decided that the apparatus would stress my dog more than the lack of oxygen.  Since then she's made several trips in the teens with no issues.  And she's always happy to get back in the Mooney.

We've got one. It's an Aerox Pet Mask from Spruce. Our 50 lb labradoodle has worn it a couple of times at 17,500 and 18,000. She didn't like it at first, but we discovered the flow was wide open. Once setting the flow correctly, she settled right down and wore it just fine.

We regularly fly at 13K to 15K without her wearing it. She seems to do fine.

• Like 1

You could honestly do it with a cone of shame and a bit of concentric plastic covering to create a reservoir hood with enough flow.  

Our dog had to stop flying.  He won’t wear anything -  he also stated getting anxious in his old age and hyperventilated himself to a seizure on one flight and me almost semi-declaring / diverting - so he doesn’t fly anymore. 

So it’s more about the oxygen - how the pet handles the stress of flying may change over time- something to be aware of.